Chapter Two: The Start Of Something Great

Time skip to present day....

"The thing you need to understand about the old legends is that the story is never finished. There may be no pages left to turn, but there is always more to the journey. Rising from the Netherworld, the Demon Bull King attacked. No one could stop him, no one could resist. No one except... the legendary Monkey King. The Monkey King used his magical staff to pick up a nearby mountain. He trapped the Demon Bull King underneath it. The Monkey King sealed the mountain with the staff that no other being could wield, trapping the Demon Bull King forever. With the battle won, the Monkey King vanished, never to be seen again. Legend says the staff still lies on top of that mountain, the one thing keeping our world from certain destruction. And with the Demon Bull King gone, civilization was able to advance into the amazing city we now live in. A world of elegant cultures, gentle loving people, a city brimming with five-star cuisine, and all because of the Monkey King."

Tang finishes his narration of the story and looks to see a starstruck MK.

"Oh, that's so good! Monkey King's so cool! He's so strong and handsome-"

MK began only to be cut off by Tang.

"Oh, MK. And you thought you knew all the Monkey King stories."

"Oh, but I do. I got his whole life documented extensively in this unauthorized autobiography of Monkey King. Written and illustrated by yours truly. Like I knew he was born from a stone, and lives behind a waterfall with his sweet little baby monkey friends! And- and- and oh!"

"it's nice to know someone's taking in all these stories. Pearls of wisdom, dripping from my lips."

"And what do you two think you're doing?"

DJ walks in from the back with her headphones around her neck.

"Oh hey Sis! Mr. Tang was just telling me about another Monkey King story!"

MK responded with a huge grin on his face.

"Another one? Shouldn't you be working right now instead of listening to another story about a stupid monkey?"

DJ said in a slightly annoyed tone. Tang and MK gasp in horror at DJ's response.

"What? I got something on my face? Did MK draw on me again? If so, he can kiss his monkey king merch goodbye."

"YOU DID NOT JUST INSULT MONKEY KING!"

"It's just a silly monkey MK. Plus he's not even real."

"He most certainly is! You're just not a true believer."

Tang said as he huffed at her audacity.

"Whatever you say old man."

DJ takes a rag and begins cleaning the counter.

"I seriously don't know what you guys see in those silly old stories about an irresponsible monkey."

"They're awesome!"

"They're silly and childish."

"You just don't understand since you're scared of monkeys."

"Wait what?!"

Tang looked at DJ in surprise.

"DJ's afraid of Monkeys. I don't know where that fear stemmed from but it's been a thing since like, forever. I tried asking her why but she refuses to tell me."

DJ growled in slight annoyance.

"OI! I'm not scared of monkeys! They just ...freak me out... But that doesn't mean I'm scared of them!"