Chapter Four: An Adventure Begins

Everyone sat at the table, their eyes darting between DJ and MK, waiting for an explanation. The room was tense; they had never seen the duo so serious before. MK cleared his throat, breaking the silence.

"Mr. Tang, do you remember the story you told me this morning? About the Demon Bull King?" 

MK asked, his voice steady but urgent.

"Yes, what about it?" 

Tang replied, his curiosity piqued.

"To put it short, he's back! The Monkey King's staff has been removed, and we've got to find him! It's the only way to save everyone before the world is destroyed!" 

MK exclaimed, his words tumbling out in a rush. Tang, eyebrows knitting together, interrupted. 

"I think you're a little confused MK. it's just a silly old story—"

DJ cut in sharply. 

"Wrong. As much as it pains me to say it, the legend is real."

MK, in a flustered state, showed Tang the staff. As he fumbled with it, the staff accidentally activated, extending and smashing the table to splinters. Tang's eyes widened in astonishment, and he began to stutter.

"M-M-M-Monkey King's staff! I knew it all along! The legendary weapon that only he could wield to seal away evil! But wait a minute... Why do you have it?" 

Tang asked, his voice a mix of awe and confusion. DJ stepped forward to explain.

"The Demon Bull King's kid managed to make a glove that could extract it from the mountain. It's honestly impressive how he managed to lift a staff deemed almost impossible to lift. Somehow, MK managed to lift it."

Pigsy, ever pragmatic, chimed in.

"So if the staff is here, where's the Demon Bull punk now?"

Mei, grinning, held up her phone. 

"He's at the shoe store."

Everyone stared at her in shock, their mouths agape. 

"WHAT?!" 

They shouted in unison as they looked at Mei in shock. Pigsy gave Mei a look of exasperation. 

"This better not be more puppy videos."

Mei giggled. 

"Relax, it isn't. At least not this time. But look at what's trending. Hashtag DBK!"

MK, sounding weary, interjected. 

"Alright, enough of this! I say we sleep on it and try to figure out a way to get to Flower Fruit Mountain to return the staff to the Monkey King so he can save us!"

He rubbed his eyes, the exhaustion from spending the afternoon evading Redson clear in his voice.

"I call sleep too." 

DJ agreed before stretching a bit. 

"Its been a real exhausting afternoon and I'm gonna need my strength if I'm eventually going to kick some more ass."

Pigsy sighs at DJ's eager attitude despite being exhausted.

"Alright first thing tomorrow morning. We meet in the garage. By then I'd have figure something out to get ready for our journey. Now everyone go home. DJ, make sure MK gets to bed and doesn't go on that stupid videogame."

"Already on it."

DJ lifts MK onto her back, her muscles flexing under the weight as she ascends the staircase to MK's room, each step a deliberate stride forward. Gently, she lowers him onto the bed and allowing him to sit up. Despite his efforts to look fine his facial features betrayed him.