XXXX. surprise proposal

vanraj :

It was a tiring day at office.
A week had passed since Anupamaa moved out, to Kapadia's house.
And it felt like a decade.
Krishna Kunj was not doing well without her.
Everyone was either annoyed or acting stupid or chanting "Oh God when will Anupamaa come back!"
Titu and Dimpy's wedding was happening at the end of this week, unfortunately, so I had decided to escape the pain of deciding their ship name and cutting the letters out for banners, and permanently shifted to my office cabin.

Two days and I was working here, sleeping on the sofa and trying to get to Anupamaa who refused to pick calls.

Insecurity was high, and fear was higher.
But I assumed she was probably busy running between the academy and Anuj's house.
Yet, she could at least send me a laughing emoji over the memes I sent her.
Where is the decency?

I got up from my recliner and walked down to the sofa.
Exhaustion taking over me.

Maybe I should go home and sleep.
But how could I sleep in peace knowing well enough that Anupamaa might just run back to the man she considered the best.
I gulped as I buried my face in my hands.

There was a knock at the door.

"All appointments are scheduled for tomorrow.", I stated, loudly.

"It is really important.", I heard a voice.
I paused.
It seemed oddly familiar.

"Who is it?"

The door opened, and Shruti Ahuja Kapadia walked in.
"I thought you were sick.", I said awkwardly as I stood up.
"I am. But it was necessary to meet you. I got out of that wheelchair just three days ago.", She stated as she took a seat before my desk.

I walked down to my desk and sat back.

"Your girlfriend needs to leave my house.", She stated coldly.

Girlfriend? Okay. Sounds nice to have a girlfriend at this age.

"Well. Is there a reason?", I asked surveying the girl.
"Obviously!", She snapped, "Anuj cannot stop running behind her! Helping her! Suddenly he doesn't have time for me and Aadhya! And I can't bear to see the only family I have going to Anupamaa."

I sighed.
I can't watch the love of my life with someone else either.

"She is a literal homewrecker! First she broke yours by staying around and now mine-"
"Enough.", I stated coldly.
She paused, looking at me with narrowed eyes.
"I know about your second marriage and how Anupamaa was always around-"
"She was around because I wanted her to be. My second marriage did not work because it was doomed from the start.", I stated sharply, straightening up,
"She is not a homewrecker."

Shruti stood up.
"I don't care! Get her-"
"If you have a problem tell your husband instead of me or Anupamaa. He is ogling behind her, she did not ask him to come behind her. You are supposedly an empowered modern woman. Do better than blame the woman when the man is the offender.", I stated sharply.
She said nothing as she stormed out of the cabin.

I drew in a deep breath as I stood up.
My gaze fell on the calendar.
I paused.
I need to get to Anupamaa.

.

anupamaa :

I was finally baking a cake for Aadhya.
She would come back from her dance class and have it.
Anuj was working from home - for the whole week.
I did not find it exactly right, considering it was unlike him to work for home, but I did not want to meddle in his life.