LV. "har janam, har jahan"

THE DAY OF THE WEDDING.

America's largest events hall had been booked for the Wedding.
The building of white and stone had been decorated and dressed in such a way, that the guests couldn't stop talking about it.

It felt like a festival.
Guests galored, from all over the world.
Important people, celebrities, politicians - all were invited for the grandest wedding of the year, if not of the decade.

Media couldn't stop bustling about it, neither could social media.
There was more appreciation, than critisism as the wedding reached its final lap.

"And.. this is the board.. here it is!", Aadhya said as she recorded with her phone, vlogging.
She stood before a large board near the entry gate.

AnuRaj

Had been written on it with decoration.
Owing to the fame and attention the wedding was getting, Aadhya and Pakhi's YouTube channel gained numbers faster than they had assumed.
Hence, with double the enthusiasm, the whole wedding had been recorded.

From Mehendi, where Vanraj had gotten Anupamaa's name written on his hand - with full enthusiasm.
The dance on Mehendi Laga Ke Rakhna had been the highlight, as it remained trending on social media thanks to the whole family's, rather beautiful, dance.
to
The Haldi which had been absolutely beautiful, with the bride and groom getting turmeric put on themselves, glowing with happiness.

The Sangeet, had been more of a social media event, with Bollywood Celebrities dancing to the tunes of the finest music produced by the Industry, and making the rather reluctant bride and groom dance.

The family dance on Bole Chudiyan had been a major highlight.
Along with the dance of the ladies of the house on Sajan ji Ghar Aaye.
And the couple dance on a Medley with Humein Tumse Pyaar Kitna, Darmiyaan, Haan ke Haan and Humdard had been the most beautiful.

And now, it was the end of this celebration, and the start of a new beginning.
The final taking of vows.

It was a vow for seven births, and a love that would remain beyond life and death.

It was a vow for forever.

anupamaa :

I stared at myself, standing before the mirror.
"Ma'am you look absolutely perfect. Even at this age, no bride could match you.", The stylist said as I looked at myself.
I felt nervous, terribly nervous with all the grandeur.
I had deja vus of the last time there had been a grand wedding, and how miserably it had ended.

I couldn't help but admire myself.
This was probably the most beautiful I had ever looked.
Hair left open, perfect maskara and kohl, lipstick that matched my tone, slight blush. The saree that I wore, had been bought by my fiancee.
Vanraj Shah had himself chosen this saree, and I could not help but admire his choice.
I had chosen the sherwani for him, and bought it with my money.

There was a promise of equality between us.

The saree was dark red, with diamond like gems studden on it all over. A thick silvery border lined it.
It truly felt like a Queen, wearing it.
Oh, I could only imagine how he would look at me when he saw me.
Every time I dressed up, I had seen the man smitten like he had seen a woman for the first time.