5/24/24

dear ◼️◼️◼️◼️◼️,

i just realized that i never finished the last letter. oh well. it wasn't anything serious anyway.

for the first time, i'm not writing a letter with a longing for you, or because i was craving a relationship like ours.

i'm writing this because i believe that i am healing. maybe i already have healed. maybe all it took was just not seeing you for such a long time. it's been around six months now, i would say, since the last time we met. it's been good.

of course, i still occasionally come across old pictures of you, or screenshots of our conversations from many forevers ago.

but it doesn't make my heart yearn for you as it used to. i look at it, and i'm at peace with it in this indescribable way; like if i was glancing at some picture of a landscape that i've seen hundreds of times.

it's just normal.

maybe that normalcy is the peace that i needed.

i used to think you were my soulmate. i've been afraid to write that line for many years now, but i do know it. i used to believe in soulmates, and i used to feel that you were my one and only.

but with time comes age; with age comes maturity; and with maturity comes new thinking. my new philosophy, or lack thereof, is that soulmates do not exist. humans are simply too unimportant in this world to have a trait so significant.

that being said, i do believe in love. i believe that there are some people out there that are best suited for you. but you may not meet those people in your life ever. even if you do, it takes work and dedication in a relationship from both sides to create the beautiful life that we all long for.

coming back to the point, i've realized that you were definitely not my soulmate. i've realized that you are not some god or some astonishing creature that i need worship. you are just a guy. and in today's world, there are many guys.

in conclusion, i very much believe that i'm over it, as they would say.

for the first time, i think it's true.

regards,

- ▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️▪️