𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐋𝐎𝐆𝐔𝐄

❰𝗪𝗔𝗥𝗡𝗜𝗡𝗚: 𝗖𝗢𝗡𝗧𝗔𝗜𝗡𝗦 𝗦𝗣𝗢𝗜𝗟𝗘𝗥𝗦 𝗙𝗥𝗢𝗠 𝗧𝗛𝗘 𝗕𝗢𝗢𝗞❱

█▓▒­░⡷⠂1ꜱᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ⠐⢾░▒▓█
❲𝙉𝘼𝙏𝙄𝙊𝙉𝘼𝙇 𝘽𝙊𝙊𝙆𝙎𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙀, 𝙎𝙈, 𝘾𝙀𝘽𝙐 𝘾𝙄𝙏𝙔, 11:45 𝘼𝙈❳

     "That would be ₱545.00, please." I blink multiple times in shock as the cashier tells me the price, but I grab my wallet from my pocket, take out the right amount of cash, and hand it to the cashier.

     I rarely buy books. I usually read them online on Wattpad, Fanfiction.net, Quotev, etc. But a friend of mine strongly recommended this book. I don't get the fuss about this story. This book is supposed to be the prequel to The Hunger Games. I am not a fan of The Hunger Games. I vaguely remember watching the first movie and I don't remember what the plot was about, but the action and gore were cool, I guess. After I told my friend that, he told me about the things I missed and blah, blah, blah, so here I am.

     '₱545.00 for a book?! I mean, I understand that this book is thick and all, but that is just expensive! ...Or maybe I'm just poor and broke. I haven't bought an actual book in a really long time.'

     This just proves what a good friend I am, buying an expensive book just to satisfy my beloved friend's persuasions... and to stop him from annoying me. If I don't enjoy this book, I'm gonna kill him or make him pay me back. Is that too much? Maybe I'll find some alternative ways for him to repay me.

     The cashier hands me the paper bag containing my item, and I thank the cashier. As I exit National Bookstore, I let out a sigh and navigate my way to the exit.

     'There goes some of my savings. School has not even started yet, and that means no lunch money from my beloved parents. No lunch money means I cannot save half of it in my savings. This book better be worth wasting my money. I was thinking of having lunch here, but it seems like I'm gonna have to eat lunch at the dorms.'

     When I exit the building, I wait for a taxi or jeepney to arrive-whichever of the two stops first-to take me home. I may have spent a lot of money on this book, but I still have a bit of money for a ride back to the dorms. My train of thought is interrupted when I see an empty taxi coming my way. I quickly signal the taxi for a ride, hoping the driver will not drive past me. Fortunately, the driver stops right in front of me, and I get into the taxi. The driver then asks where to, and I tell him my address.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

❲𝘿𝙊𝙍𝙈𝙄𝙏𝙊𝙍𝙔, 𝘾𝙀𝘽𝙐 𝘾𝙄𝙏𝙔, 12:21 𝙋𝙈❳

     When I arrive at my address, I thank the driver and hand him my payment. As the driver drives off, I enter the dormitory and head into my room. "Louis! I'm home! The room better be clean just like I asked you-" As I walk forward, I notice Louis in the corner, in the posture of trying to get the broom and dustpan, his expression like a deer caught in headlights.

     Louis is my only roommate in this dorm of ours. He has black hair styled in a buzz cut. He has an average frame and an average height.

"..."

"..."

"...You didn't clean the room, did you?"

"I didn't clean the room."

     "Dang it, Louis! I left you for 1 hour or around 30 minutes and you didn't at least start cleaning a bit?!" I say, pinching the bridge of my nose in annoyance and putting the paper bag on the nearby table. I can feel a headache coming.