𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟒

█▓▒­░⡷⠂1ꜱᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ⠐⢾░▒▓█
❲𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝘼𝙈, 𝘾𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙔'𝙎 𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙀, 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝙄𝘾𝙏 12, 12:33 𝘼𝙈❳

     'You know, I'm really grateful that some people offered me a roof to sleep under. I really am... although I have one teeny tiny complaint, and that is—'

     A loud snore then makes me snap back to reality. I look up to the source of the sound and see the old man, snoring peacefully on his bed. There are times when he coughs in his sleep, and times when he is silent, making me worried. Yes, you read that right. I am currently inside the room of the old man, and yes, this is where I sleep starting today... or was it yesterday? I envy the old man; he seems to have a peaceful slumber... unlike me, who has to listen to his snores, of course.

     The Covey, minus Billy Taupe, pleaded with the old man earlier, saying that his room was the only option for me to sleep. The room where the girls slept was off-limits, and the room where the boys slept was uninhabitable for me due to the chance of Billy Taupe possibly picking on me or vice versa. I don't blame them, actually. I've had enough of Billy Taupe. He pushed me off the lake AND picked a fight with me in the Hob? That happened in just ONE DAY, and I just met this guy TODAY. Yeah, he's trouble, and I want to be away from him as much as possible. Though the old man didn't agree at first, he even suggested that I should sleep outside with the animals or that they shouldn't have taken me in to avoid problems like this one... nice fellow.

     After some time, the old man relented but only if I slept on the floor because he's not sharing his bed. Of course, I agreed. At least I have somewhere to sleep. The Covey handed me a blanket and a pillow, and I thanked them. They also gave me tips on how to avoid annoying the old man or making him angry. Maude Ivory said that the old man snores loudly, and I just laughed it off. I had Louis as my roommate, who was also a snorer, so it couldn't be THAT bad.

     ...And here I am, regretting that I didn't take Maude Ivory's words seriously as the old man snores and coughs. Though, I finally have time to think through my situation. I still have no idea how I got here. I mean, I'm inside the world of the HUNGER GAMES. Out of all the fictional worlds, it had to be somewhere I barely know about. I just bought my first Hunger Games book, and it was the prequel of it all. I got transported into the prequel's world, and once again, I'm not even halfway through the book! I don't know what to do here. I guess I should look for some kind of job here in District 12. I need to thank them for letting me stay here. I don't want to be a burden. Being a miner is off the table though... unless I get forced to. A Peacekeeper? Nah, they probably need some credentials and documents. Maybe at the Hob? Doing... what exactly? Like a bartender or something? You know what? For the meantime, I'll just help around the house. I don't think my conscience can handle the thought that they gave me a place to live and their food while I just laze around, can I? No, absolutely not.

     I turned my body to the side as I continued to think. 'Will Louis notice I'm missing? Will he call the police? How would my parents react that I'm missing? Will they panic and look for me? Or will they be relieved that I'm gone? How about my classmates? Will they get worried too? Or are they just gonna shrug off my disappearance? How will they find me when I am in a fictional world? Will they ever get a clue about my disappearance? Or am I gonna be part of those Unsolved Mysteries I watched online? Will I ever go home? Will I be able to see my parents and Louis again?'

     I didn't notice the tears running down my eyes as I thought about it. I stayed quiet as to not alert the old man as I wiped the tears away with my hands. It's only been a day, and I already miss them. My home, my parents, my friends, my phone, the internet, and my money.

     'I want my ₱545.00 back.' I thought as I let out a silent chuckle at my thoughts, but that doesn't mean that my tears stopped running down my face. I shouldn't have bought that stupid book. I should've saved my ₱545.00 and spent it on something wiser. It's all the book's fault. If I hadn't bought that book, I wouldn't be in this situation. I know I'm being petty by blaming the book I bought with my money, which I WILLINGLY handed to the cashier. But that was before the fact that I found out that I'D GET TRANSPORTED INTO THE BOOK'S WORLD! HOW THE FUCK IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?! ISN'T THAT SUPPOSED TO BE ONLY IN MOVIES OR SHOWS?!

     Okay, calm down, think of the most important questions first, then the unnecessary ones... WHY THE FUCK AM I HERE AND WHO THE HECK BROUGHT ME HERE?! I NEED ANSWERS, DESPERATELY!!!

     'I'm too sleepy to deal with this shit,' I thought as my eyes grew heavy. I let my eyes close as sleep almost overcame me. 'Wait, since I am in the Hunger Games, does that mean there's a possibility that I'll get reaped as a tribute? Eh, I'll think about it tomorrow.' Then finally, sleep took hold of me.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

█▓▒­░⡷⠂2ɴᴅ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ⠐⢾░▒▓█
❲𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝘼𝙈, 𝘾𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙔'𝙎 𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙀, 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝙄𝘾𝙏 12, 3:00 𝘼𝙈❳

     As you enjoy your slumber, the surroundings around you become... peculiar. The wind suddenly stops blowing, the crickets fall silent, as do the other animals present. Only your soft snores and the loud snores and coughs of the old man are the noises present in the room... for a while.

     Then suddenly, a whistle seems to reverberate throughout the room. A whistle that will change the course of history in 64 years. It lasts around 4-6 seconds, but it makes an impact even though no one notices it.

     You will be surprised by what you find under your pillow tomorrow. Perhaps reading it will help you in your journey in this world and its era.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES

Please do leave a vote and a comment! It may not be much but it means a lot to me if you guys do! It proves that there are people out there who enjoy reading this fic! Thank you!

1142 WORDS, EDITED