𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟐

█▓▒­░⡷⠂1ꜱᴛ ᴘᴇʀꜱᴏɴ'ꜱ ᴘᴏᴠ⠐⢾░▒▓█
❲𝙏𝙃𝙀 𝙎𝙀𝘼𝙈, 𝘾𝙊𝙑𝙀𝙔'𝙎 𝙃𝙊𝙐𝙎𝙀, 𝘿𝙄𝙎𝙏𝙍𝙄𝘾𝙏 12, 1:53 𝙋𝙈❳

Roses are red,
Violets are blue,
How the FUCK did I get here?
Cause I have no FUCKING clue!

     'Dang, I'm so good at making rhymes.' I thought as I held back a smug smile that was about to appear on my face. Though that doesn't answer my question of...

.....

....

...

..

.

    'HOW IN THE NAME OF MOTHER NATURE AM I HERE IN THE FREAKING HUNGER GAMES! YES, THAT'S RIGHT, I'M IN THE MOTHER FLIPPING HUNGER GAMES!!! NOT THE MAIN ONE THOUGH, OH NO, THAT SEEMS LIKE A BIT EASY! JUST A BIT!!! INSTEAD, I GOT SENT 64 YEARS BEFORE THE MAIN HUNGER GAMES!!! IT DOESN'T HELP THE FACT THAT I HAVEN'T FINISHED THE BOOK NOR WAS I EVEN HALFWAY THROUGH IT!!!'

     Though my thoughts are in disarray, it didn't show on my face... maybe a bit. The group, who introduced themselves as the Covey, somehow got into an agreement and some argument with Billy Taupe that I could stay at their place after I told them that I have no place to stay here. They somehow believed that I came from the north as they asked me various questions, especially the youngest named Maude Ivory, about what it is like to live there and many more, and I answered them as best as I can. The guy who pushed me, Billy Taupe, has been keeping his eyes on me ever since, and boy do I feel uncomfortable with him. We've done the introductions earlier so now we know all their names.

'...Not as uncomfortable as I am right now.'

     Right now, I am sitting on some stool, sweat dripping on my body as I gulp in nervousness. I am face-to-face with some old man, looking at me with narrowed eyes as his clothes are covered a bit with coal dust, along with some on his body. His arms are crossed, and he is also sitting on another stool across from me. Newsflash, I am still soaking wet from my nice bath from the lake.

     '...I've never felt so judged in my entire life.' I thought to myself as the old man and I were still in a silent staring contest. He is so winning this. Though, to my surprise, the old man starts to speak.

     "...So you're telling me... this guy came from the north and has no place to go and you guys offered him our house for him to stay?" The old man asked with his raspy voice.

     "Yep." Most of the Covey responded, except for Billy Taupe. The old man let out a sigh as he pinched the bridge of his nose. I can tell he was a bit annoyed.

     "Our supplies are low, and you guys took in a homeless guy that was stranded in the middle of the forest. There are already six of you and now you guys had to add one more mouth to feed."

     ...Ok, for some reason, it felt like he insulted me in 74 different languages.

     "Actually, I can do some workloads to pay you back. I wasn't planning to stay here for free." I said as I let out a nervous smile.

The old man looks at me for a bit. "How old are you?"

     I felt myself relax for a bit. "I just recently turned 18." As I said that, the old man looked at me up and down, making me once again uncomfortable.

     "Well, you aren't fit to be a miner, I see no muscle in you. Must be because you haven't experienced hard labor in the north now, have you? You were probably just lying on your bed doing nothing, that's what I'm currently seeing right now, boy." The old man said coldly.