Part 21: Sessions

Week 30

Your baby's skin is producing melanin cells which produces skin color, but this process doesn't end until she is 6 months old. She may have hair on her head and less everywhere else. Her eyes can open and close, pupils can constrict and expand, allowing the eyes to let in more or less light.

The pressure on your belly button may turn your "Innie" to an "Outie" as well as make it more sensitive to touch. You may have a slightly brown discharge which is old blood apotting from increased estrogen production. However if vaginal discharge is bright red and more than 2 tablespoons or is green or smells bad, that is an emergency. You are probably tired more easily and need to take more breaks to rest and you may not be sleeping well. Your ankles may swell at this time, and you are gaining 2-3 pounds between now and the end of your pregnancy. Mood swings and stress also result from hormonal changes. A well balanced diet with activity and rest is now more important than ever. Try to keep walking in your daily routine; another good form of exercise is swimming. These things can help your and your baby's mood and health.

"Auggie?" you whisper.

"Yes, Angel."

It is morning, and right now is the time, you realize. His arm is over you, hand cupping your breast, and you lift it to kiss his palm and put it back. "Good morning.

In seconds he is closer and his goes down your leg and up your nightdress. He strokes gently, and you move your hips against him invitingly, enjoying the caress, the stray kisses here and there. When he finally enters, you exhale in a moan, and he strokes you again, not moving yet, except for the natural throbbing between you. You never realized that his filling you and simply pulsing could affect you so deeply. Your body clenches deliciously around him and he caresses your body, further sensitizing you to him. As the wave passes, he begins to move slowly, kissing your shoulder, then your ear. You turn your head to meet his lips. 

"Oh, baby..."

His strokes are slow as he spoons you in bed, rays of sunlight from the bedroom window just missing your faces. He is moving faster, though still gentle, with more urgency. "Sweetheart?"

You feel him thicken and move quickly, your body responding. "Yes...yes!"

You feel him explode, and your body greedily holds him, clenches around him. You moan softly, then whimper at the intensity of pleasure. He moans in response, grasping your hip as you feel him move gently, spilling into you.

"Angel?"

You gasp softly. "Yes?" You look at the shower head above you and around the locker room. You're the last one, it seems.

"You okay?"

"Uh, yeah, I'm coming."

"You'll look great, come on."

You slick your hair back and walk out.

He smiles at you. "You look divine, sweetheart."

"I look like post with a beach ball to it," you say to yourself as you walk to him.

"Ah, our beach ball, and I love you," he kisses your forehead. "Come on."

You get in water, and start class. 

"That is your husband?" one of the ladies ask.

"Yes," you smile, looking at him. He waves and smiles. "He is waiting for free time to be in the water with me." You feel self-conscious as he sits and watches and smiles. He gets on the phone from time to time, but otherwise he is attentive even though he is in the bleachers. When class is over, he comes to you.

"Is it okay that I'm here? I'm the only husband here." he asks. "I mean, I can stay in the car, change toward the end of class--"

"No!" a few women responded.

"Uh, most of our husbands are at work," a lady giggles. "You must have a flexible schedule."

"I actually do," he grins. "Saturdays I'll drop you off, but the weekday class I'll come, alright?"

 You nod. "It'll be nice to swim with you a little."

Finally, he gets in the water. "I can remember what you did in class if you want to exercise."

"What about work?"

"I'll come in late that day, once a week," he shrugs. "Shouldn't be a problem."