Chapter 469: Strange Ancient Treasures

No doubt, through this square passage lay the exceedingly wondrous illusion.

With the Great Yan Art and the Boro Pearl Bracelet borrowed temporarily from Ji Yin, crossing this threshold would be effortless for him.

With this thought, Han Li shifted his attention from the passage to the two ancient treasures in his hands.

Without first understanding their effects, he would not be able to use them effectively when the time came.

First, with a flash of blood-red light, the cloak disappeared from his hand, leaving only the five linked bronze rings.

These five rings were about as thick as an average person's arm, inscribed with mysterious runes, exuding an extraordinary aura.

Han Li grasped one of the rings with one hand, giving his wrist a slight shake. The rings shimmered with interchanging radiance, accompanied by a faint phoenix cry.

His eyes sparkled with a keen light as he bowed his head in contemplation, slowly infusing his spiritual power into the rings through his fingers.

At that moment, his eyes didn't blink, his face filled with concentration.

With a flash of light, the five bronze rings in his hand vanished without a trace.

Startled, Han Li quickly looked up, as if realizing something.

He saw the five rings floating not far above his head, flickering mysteriously like ghosts.

Han Li frowned slightly, then raised his hand, sending out a cyan spell.

The rings spun rapidly before suddenly shooting towards the stone wall.

With several muffled thuds, the wall, protected by a flash of white light, remained unscathed, while the five rings were rebounded far away.

It seemed these rings were not meant for direct attack.

Han Li's expression didn't change as he beckoned, causing the rings to fly back over his head. Without hesitation, he blew a puff of vital energy towards them.

The rings instantly expanded, turning into five massive hoops, glowing with light and swirling runes, almost blinding to look at.

Having some experience with ring-type treasures, Han Li knew that if they weren't for direct attack, they were likely for trapping or defense.

Glancing at the now imposing giant rings, Han Li tilted his head slightly and softly uttered, "Quick."

With a whoosh, the giant rings fell, overlapping around him.

Then the rings began to spin in mid-air, their speed increasing rapidly.

Soon, a five-colored light screen formed, completely enveloping Han Li.

A slight smile appeared on Han Li's face.

It seemed these rings indeed had defensive powers, but the actual effectiveness would have to be tested in real combat.

With this thought, Han Li flicked his finger, sending a spell at the light screen.

Instantly, the screen shattered, reverting the giant rings to their original form.

After a violent tremble, the rings' light flickered and they vanished from his side again.

This time, Han Li calmly extended his palm, and with a flash of five-colored light, the five palm-sized rings reappeared obediently in his hand.

Han Li gazed at the rings, his eyes reflecting deep contemplation, as if pondering something.

Before long, a series of obscure incantations flowed from his mouth, and the rings vanished from his hand only to reappear on his limbs and neck, suddenly tightening with a bright glow.