Chapter 482: The Struggle for the Ancient Treasure

"You dare compete with me for the treasure?" Wu Chou, not expecting the usually silent Xuan Gu to suddenly contend with him, furiously questioned, his face revealing a menacing look.

"Ridiculous. Was this treasure made by your family? If you can seize it, why can't I?" Xuan Gu coldly retorted, glaring at Wu Chou without a hint of politeness.

This remark made Wu Chou's face flush with anger and shame. However, he seemed to recall something and, despite his vicious expression, refrained from retorting. Instead, he chanted a spell, causing the black giant pythons to constrict even tighter.

Wu Chou was evidently aware that Xuan Gu, with the backing of the formidable Barbarian Beard who greatly intimidated even the Extreme Yin Patriarch, wouldn't be intimidated by his threats.

With a cold smile, Xuan Gu pointed at the green net. The net's green light intensified, and its threads thickened by a few inches, tightening further around the treasure.

Although the twin-headed flaming wolf, enveloped by a glowing shield, was being pressured by both Wu Chou and Xuan Gu, its shield, though reduced in size, became even more dazzling and sturdy. The flaming wolf remained unscathed, staring at the two men defiantly. A stalemate ensued.

The fierce battle above between the righteous and demonic factions clearly hadn't anticipated that the treasure would end up near Han Li and the others.

Wan Tianming and the other righteous cultivators were immediately anxious, eager to break free and seize the treasure. However, Barbarian Beard and Extreme Yin seemed unhurried. As long as their people were securing the treasure, they were content to keep the righteous cultivators occupied, giving Wu Chou and Xuan Gu time to claim it.

Furthermore, both believed that their respective associates had a better chance of obtaining the treasure. Extreme Yin thought Wu Chou had the advantage due to several treasures he had gifted him and the high-ranking demonic art he practiced. Barbarian Beard, knowing Xuan Gu's true capabilities, was even more confident in his success.

Qing Yi Zhi Shi, seeing this, hesitated but continued to entangle Tian Wuzi, preventing him from aiding the others. Thus, Han Li found himself the only one free.

Yet, Han Li didn't find this situation favorable. On the contrary, he was breaking out in a cold sweat. Thinking that the flower basket's abilities were perfect for capturing treasures, he had instinctively taken it out. However, seeing Xuan Gu's attempt to seize the treasure, he suddenly remembered something alarming.

The flower basket was an ancient treasure he had obtained after killing the ugly man who had been guarding Xuan Gu. By bringing it out now, wasn't he essentially revealing to the Extreme Yin Patriarch that he had been the one to free Xuan Gu?

Han Li's heart sank. Forgetting about capturing the treasure, his mind was consumed with strategies to deal with Extreme Yin. But after a moment, he was stunned. He noticed that Extreme Yin had only glanced at the flower basket before quickly looking away, showing no unusual reaction. Nothing happened.

Relieved, Han Li realized that the flower basket hadn't been a gift from Extreme Yin to the ugly man. Moreover, he seemed completely unaware that the man had possessed this treasure. With this understanding, Han Li calmed down.

Indeed, Han Li's guess was correct. The ugly man had left Xuan Gu's island for an extended period because he had learned about the flower basket and secretly gone to obtain it. Although he succeeded, it allowed Han Li's group to nearly destroy the array confining Xuan Gu. Enraged, the ugly man was eventually killed by Han Li, who then claimed the ancient treasure.

Regaining his composure, Han Li glanced at Xuan Gu, who was still contending with Wu Chou for the flaming wolf. He thought to himself, "Old demon, you're lucky. If Extreme Yin had discovered the truth, I would have dragged you down with me. Don't think you'd come out of this unscathed."

Just as Han Li pondered his fortunate escape and Xuan Gu's luck, a deep rumbling came from the cave entrance. This time, the Nascent Soul stage cultivators, having learned from experience, immediately paused their actions and looked at each other warily.

Someone suddenly moved, and six figures flashed to the top of the cave entrance simultaneously. The Void Sky Cauldron was now very close to the entrance. Although these cultivators were at the Nascent Soul stage, they fully activated their defensive techniques and treasures to ward off the extreme cold emanating from the cave. Various lights shimmered around them as they watched each other with caution.

Extreme Yin Patriarch was particularly frustrated. His initial plan was to expel the righteous cultivators and then take the Void Sky Cauldron and its contents, distributing the loot as agreed. But he hadn't anticipated that the ancient treasures within the cauldron would escape on their own as it neared the entrance. Now, whoever claimed the treasures would keep them, nullifying their prior agreement.

Irritated, Extreme Yin's mind raced, seeking ways to gain more treasures. As this thought arose, a sharp scraping sound filled the air, followed by two streaks of light, yellow and white, shooting out from the blue flames within the cave.

The six cultivators, so close to the treasures, acted simultaneously, using secret arts to snatch the lights nearest to them. Wan Tianming, Extreme Yin, and the Confucian-robed elder all reached for the yellow light. Wan Tianming conjured a purple fire dragon that lunged at the yellow light while he spat out two crystalline purple orbs towards his opponents.

"Sky Net True Thunder!" Extreme Yin exclaimed, his face changing as if he had seen a deadly serpent. He and the elder, unable to defend against these orbs, quickly dodged.

In the brief delay, the purple fire dragon swallowed the yellow light and retracted. With a look of excitement, Wan Tianming revealed the treasure—a square jade pendant inscribed with glowing runes, emanating powerful spiritual energy.

The two purple orbs, after flying a short distance, quietly exploded and vanished. Seeing this, Extreme Yin and the elder looked at Wan Tianming with livid expressions.

"What a fine Master of the Wan Sect! Using such despicable tricks with fake thunder to deceive us!" Extreme Yin snarled through gritted teeth. The Confucian-robed elder glared coldly at Wan Tianming, his face flushed with anger.

Wan Tianming responded with a sneer, "And you two, seasoned cultivators, can't tell the difference between real and fake Sky Net Thunder? Do you think I'd waste such precious orbs when my life isn't in danger? This was a mere trick, but if you insist on experiencing the real thing, I'm happy to oblige."

With that, he clapped his hands, and a flash of purple light revealed another identical purple orb.

Extreme Yin and the elder exchanged glances, their faces darkening, unsure of their next move.

Meanwhile, Barbarian Beard, using the formidable defense of his Sky-Supporting Demon Art, managed to snatch the white light after taking hits from both the black-skinned elder and Tian Wuzi. The treasure was an ancient coin, glowing white and looking quite peculiar.

Extreme Yin's face grew even darker at this sight. Just then, the elder beside him uttered a surprised "Hmm?" Extreme Yin followed his gaze and was equally astonished.

Below, near the altar, Han Li was examining a yellow-red jade ruyi with twin wolf heads carved at each end, resembling the twin-headed flaming wolf from earlier. Wu Chou and Xuan Gu stood nearby, looking frustrated and resigned.

Extreme Yin's eyes flickered with doubt, but he remained silent. Internally, he was shocked that the treasure hadn't ended up with Wu Chou or Xuan Gu but with Han Li, who hadn't initially intended to seize it. This was completely unexpected for him.