Chapter 6

The next night, after school, while Gabriella went to Taylor's house to work on homework and the yearbook, Isabella was in her bedroom laying across her bed while doing her homework

The next night, after school, while Gabriella went to Taylor's house to work on homework and the yearbook, Isabella was in her bedroom laying across her bed while doing her homework. All of a sudden her phone went off with Troy's ringtone, causing Isabella to grin as she threw her pencil down and picked up her phone.

"Hello?" Isabella asked into her phone with a soft smile.

"Hello. Somebody order a pizza pie?" Troy said from the other end with a terrible Italian accent, causing Isabella to giggle.

"I didn't order a pizza." Isabella laughed in confusion.

"Special delivery!" Isabella heard Troy call from outside causing her to hang up the phone and get up from her bed before rushing outside onto her balcony to see Troy in her backyard below with a picnic basket, with a pizza box on top, tied to a rope that was wrapped around the tree next to her balcony to make it easy to send it up to Isabella. "Margherita pizza!"

"Shh." Isabella quickly shushed Troy so that her mom wouldn't hear them.

"Just the way you like it." Troy called out quietly with a gentle smile as he started to pull the rope to send up the basket. "Let's not forget, what's a picnic without chocolate-covered strawberries?"

"It wouldn't be right." Isabella smiled softly as she carefully grabbed the basket and untied it as Troy started to climb the tree. Once Troy got onto the balcony, the couple went into her bedroom and laid down a blanket onto the floor before sitting down and taking out all of the food. They quickly devoured the food until there was only one chocolate covered strawberry left. "Do you want the last strawberry?"

"Hmm..." Isabella hummed as she pretended to eat it, feeling too lazy and full to try and actually take it.

"Come on." Troy grinned as he picked it up and held it so that Isabella could see it. "This might very well be the best strawberry in the whole world, you wouldn't know because you're not gonna eat it."

"Fine, then." Isabella chuckled as Troy held out the strawberry towards Isabella and she leaned forward and took a bite before Troy finished it. "Mmm! You were right."

"So here's the thing." Troy said seriously after a couple of seconds of silence. "Your Honors Program at Stanford..."

"How did you hear about that?" Isabella sighed, losing her smile, not wanting Troy to know about it in case she had decided to stay.

"A lot of people heard about it. But I wasn't one of them." Troy told Isabella, hurt and confused on why she hadn't talked to him about it. "Why?"

"Because I knew what you would say." Isabella sighed as she shook her head gently.

"Of course you should do the Honors Program." Troy told Isabella as they both sat up from where they were laying on the floor. "Is that what you were trying to tell me? In the backyard the other day?"