[165] CAFETERIA LOVE - MAY 26 2024

"What is he doing?" Jungkook frowns watching a tiny boy take videos of his food in the cafeteria of their company

Jungkook is the managing director at his father's company. Usually he never goes to the cafeteria area but his secretary who was also his best friend wanted to buy a quick drink before heading out to the next meeting

Taehyung looks to where Jungkook was looking at

"Oh that's Jimin! You don't know him? He makes everyday lunch cafeteria videos for the average Korean officer worker on YouTube. It's really aestehtic and I love it. Wait! Let me show you his channel. He has quite the following"

Jungkook's eyes widen in awe at the videos Taehyung shared him.

So thats the face behind the videos huh, adorable - Jungkook chuckles. In the video only Jimin's voice and hands can be seen and the various foods he puts onto his plate.

**

Ever since then Jungkook is interested in the boy. He watches the video shorts daily. It makes him smile. It makes him want to know more about the boy.

**

In his interest, Jungkook promotes Jimin to his department so that he can see the boy daily. At first, Jimin finds it uncomfortable having Jungkook always around him. Jungkook didn't seem like the person who was very social and he could see that the other employees were shocked at Jungkook's behavior around Jimin.

**

Jimin sighs again when yet another one of his colleagues asked him if Jungkook was dating him. Jimin tries to keep a distance away from his boss but Jungkook never let that happen.

**

That day, Jimin tries his best to not come in Jungkook's sight but alas he gets called into the man's office. Jimin keeps a distance as he explains to Jungkook about the presentation he did earlier on the man's computer.

Jungkook not liking Jimin's body language, on instinct grabs Jimin closer but it ends up with Jimin sitting on his lap by accident. Jungkook and Jimin, they both got shocked at the closeness but Jimin reacts first. He stands up immediately while simultaneously pushing Jungkook away - the chair had wheels and the force makes Jungkook's chair slide over the floor and hit the wall.

Jungkook's eyes widen in surprise and so does Jimin's. Jimin moves forward to try to stop the man from hitting the wall but it was too late, Jungkook's chair hits the wall and bounces back due to the force, making Jungkook collide with Jimin who was heading towards him, making Jimin fall onto Jungkook's lap again as the man tried to save the boy.

Jungkook was already staring into Jimin's soul when the tiny boy slowly opens his eyes. Jimin could feel his heart picking up pace at the way the man looked at him. Before anyone could say anything, they hear a voice

"Oh darling, I'm so sorry. I'm going!" The woman smiles snd then door shuts

The woman was Mrs Jeon, Jungkook's mom who was very happy seeing Jungkook having a lover.

Jimin tries to stand up but Jungkook holds him tighter

"What are you doing, sir?" Jimin frowns as he tries to wiggle his way out of Jungkook's grip

"...Admiring the one I love..." Jungkook says, his eyes shining with admiration for the boy on his lap

Jimin gulps "..l-love?"

Jimin's heart picks up pace when Jungkook tugs his hair back behind his ear softly

"...I love you... a lot..." Jungkook caresses Jimin's hands "...sadly you never understood that so I am saying it out loud now... I love you...and I want to marry you... but before that I want you to love me too.. so let's start dating...." Jungkook looks at his watch "... from 5.30PM on May 26th 2024..."

Jimin is still shocked and comes back to reality when Jungkook pecks his cheek

Jimin screams and stands up

"How? what? why? when?"

Jungkook chuckles at the boy's panicked state

"When I saw you for first time in the cafeteria making videos...." Jungkook stands up and stands between Jimin and his desk

"I started noticing you since then and saw how creative and smart and kind you are..... I started following you on social media and learned about your interests....saw all your posts about your disappointment in missing your favorite corndog at the cafeteria because you got late after a meeting, your likes and dislikes...."

Jimin's eyes widen at the revelation

"....is that why you instructed all meetings to be done by 1PM, especially for the management department?"

"Hmmm" Jungkook smiles

"...Is that how the cafeteria introduced the rice cakes and corn dog sandwich every Friday with ice cream and chocolate foundation too"

"Hmmm"

"...And that book which was so hard to find... and...."

"Hmmm"

Jimin looks at the man in front of him, who looked at him with so much love

"Why?" A tear drops down Jimin's eye "... why do you love me so much?"

"I just do..." Jungkook reaches out to wipe the tear "... I feel happy with you... you bring me so much joy with your existence..." Jungkook then cups the boy's face ".. I know you don't have a special someone in your life yet... if you give me a chance, I hope to be that for you..." Jungkook let's his hands fall down, leaving Jimin's face "...but I will never force you Jimin... and if you feel uncomfortable then let's maintain some distance between us... but please don't say no to atleast dating me once... give me a chance... I know I can be someone worth your time...someone worth your love... waste it on me..." Jungkook looks at Jimin, his eyes glistening "...would you...would you give me a chance to show you how much you mean to me?"

Jimin's eyes are already glistening "How can I say no when you say and do all these things and look at me like I am the most precious thing in the whole world....how can I say no when I already like you..."

Jungkook's eyes widen, his heart picks up pace. He reaches out to cup Jimin's cheek again "...say that again... what did you say at the end...."

"I..." Jimin blushes, knowing how much his words made Jungkook happy "...I really like you a lot.... I might even love you...."

Jungkook bites his lips controlling his happinesss

"Then will you, Park Jimin, be willing to marry me after we date till you are convinced that I am the only one for you?"

Jimin nods, his eyes shining brightly "Yes"

"I love you so much Jimin" Jungkook hugs the boy softly

"I love you too" Jimin whispers, his head resting against Jungkook's chest as he hugs the man back, his ears picking up Jungkook's fastening heartbeat- the heart beating with love for him

The end