Chapter 5

Reader's POV

Jason just told us the plan: find Boreas, ask him for information, find storm spirits that attacked them at the grand canyon, find where Hera is, and save her before the solstice. All we know is that Boreas is somewhere in Canada. The oldest northern settlement. I am currently zoned out staring at the views, while Leo and Jason are explaining their dreams or nightmares, "So the one who kidnapped Hera and sent the storm spirits could be the sleeping earth lady? And we have to stop her from coming back?"

"Sorry, what's going on? I've been zoned out for the past ten or so minutes now." I ask, confused. "The last thing I heard was something about wolves and a pool, then I zoned out and the next thing I hear is 'sleeping earth lady'. Do you even know where we are going?"

Jason laughs, "What's going on is that Hera used to babysit Leo, and the 'sleeping earth lady' killed his mother when he was eight. As for where we're going, Quebec, well we just arrived actually. It's the oldest northern settlement in Canada, and Boreas is here. And Piper fell asleep just as you zoned out, so neither of you know what we've spoken about for the past ten minutes."

"Right okay... Wait since when did it start snowing?" we all look around as Jason wakes Piper up, "and please tell me those aren't angels or something."

Jason's POV

I hear y/n say that and look up. Two angry spirits flew over to us, carrying swords. The dragon stops flying and prepares to shoot fire at them. They do look like angels, just very angry ones. "You do not have permission to fly your dragon here." One of them says, with an accent that was obviously forced.

"Destroy?" the other asks.

"Wait a second. Let's have some manners here," y/n says to them.

"Yeah. Who do we have the honour of being destroyed by?" Leo asks, as if he knows what y/n is thinking.

"Very well. My name is Zethes, and my brother is Calais." The first continues, winking at Piper, "and she can call me whatever she likes. We Boreads are –"

"Wait, Boreads? As in Boreas' kids?"

"Finally, someone recognizes us!" Zethes looks pleased. "But as Father's gatekeepers, unless this is an emergency, we cannot let you fly here."

Piper speaks up, "Wait, this is an emergency. We need to speak to Boreas, it's urgent. And our dragon is malfunctioning. It might crash at any moment." The dragon shakes and tilts its head, oil spilling out of its ear.

"The girl is pretty, I mean right. We cannot have the dragon crashing. Be warned though, Father hasn't been kind to visitors." The Boreads turn around and start flying towards one of the towers on the hotel.

"I wonder why he hasn't been kind to people lately?" y/n says at the same time as me. We look at each other; I feel my face warming up.

"He just hasn't met us yet," Leo jokes, causing me to look away. "Festus, follow them." The dragon goes after the Boreads, and we enter the tower, the entrance lined with jagged icicles.