Writer to Reader Talk

...Welcome...

It's you and I this time around fellow reader, with I being Evan... obviously.

 I know I have like a gremlin and a narrator with me most of the time, but this time I want to quickly talk to all of you in a bit of a personal way. I don't know why but I feel like giving you all a simple and straightforward rundown of a few things, specially relating back to this story in general. 

Y'know, is almost its 3 year anniversary in a few months, along with my account that I started out of confusion.

If some of you know, I started writing here because at the time I was conflicted with myself. I started a Youtube Channel where I made TextingStory, but as I went more and more, I begun to feel my own limits begin to pull me down. Sure, its a lot I can do, many stories to write and much MUCH more to do.

But as you make a certain style of content for some time, you feel a drought of sorts. You feel like you have to agitate things a little more.

That led to me doing this, opening Wattpad, starting my own account, reading stories of all sorts and finally deciding to expand my own horizon on writing apart from what i had been doing back there.

Just to give you guys a clear idea of like... why I was so tired of writing in Youtube, in less than 5 months, I made a total of 307 videos.

Each one was different stories, narratives, projects, but I never felt satisfied with anything, there also were the absolute drones on my ears telling me to continue making something that I had just started. Like I completely deleted my 3rd most viewed video at the time because people didn't leave me alone about it, I ended up burning it and throwing it away to move onto other things.

But at the end I started to lose the joy that got me started. I started to feel like it was too repetitive, too little of the same, just going nowhere with anything. That is when I realized the variety of problems.

I cannot rush stuff, I cannot force myself to fly through everything in seconds, because I like leaving things clear, I like trying new stuff and I like just messing around with all sorts of stuff.

Could I have still done so? Yeah. Would it have been appreciated?

No. And viewership told me so.

I look at my videos, I see what I made, and all I'm met is people begging me for something completely unrelated to it. I see them screaming at me to begin writing something I have stopped or simply don't care about, and that slowly dwindled things.

I'm aware I could've done something about it, but... here's a little thing to say. People never cared for good stories.

Perhaps I never made some amazing artistic thing or anything, but I tried to make something that engaged and brought the attention of everyone around me. Which ended nowhere. I realized that people just wanted repetition and repetition. It begun to annoy me.

I was being begged to make stories with Harems on it, to completely destroy the own narratives I had for the sake of listening to their petty wishes. Turn characters into something they weren't and just outright ruin the narrative I had been building up. It didn't feel good, it didn't feel like they cared for what I was making, it felt like they simply were trying to use me as a puppet to make their wishes.

Do I have problems with wanting to write cliche stories? No. Do I have problem with harem stories? Yeah... But is kind of irrelevant.

The point is... making it here made me see how different people were. In a part of me I want to say that being Niche is what makes stories outstand here. Like you can look for a precise type of story or crossover and you'll probably find at least one of what you're looking for. That made me enjoy things here more.