𝟑𝟑 - 𝐬𝐨𝐥𝐝𝐢𝐞𝐫𝐬

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐆𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐔𝐏 𝐅𝐎𝐑 𝐖𝐀𝐑. Scattering barbed wire over the field, stocking weapons, and hiding their cars and supplies in the woods. It was all a charade to make it seem like the group had fled before the war could start when in reality, their plan was to ambush them. The plan was their only option as they were both outnumbered and outgunned.

Stella and Ellie were packing up the last things from their cell. It was sad seeing it all empty even though it was only temporary until they won the war. The walls weren't filled with scattered drawings that Ellie had drawn, the floors didn't have piles of clothes and the cell door was dull and boring without the small string lights that Ellie had found and wrapped around it. Stella sat back on the bed as the Greene girl shoved their two bags into Levi's hands.

"Thanks, captain." She saluted him with a wink earning a quick smile. The boy let his gaze linger over Stella for a moment before he headed out of the cell block with the two girls bags but Stella's mind was too occupied with something else to notice. She stared at the letters that were carved into the bottom bunk, brushing her fingers against it. For once she could look at the words without tearing up. It didn't mean that her heart wasn't aching with grief after the loss of her mother but she knew that she had to move on somehow. And she could feel herself moving on. She was the happiest she had been in a while despite the many things that had happened recently. She could finally look at the words with a smile thinking "There's hope, mom."

"Earth to Stella," Ellie said, snapping her fingers in her face tearing the girl from her thoughts. "As I was saying," The Grenne girl said while jumping onto the bed next to Stella. "When this is all over, I could move into Beth's cell."

"What?" Stella frowned. "No, Ellie you're my roommate, or cellmate, or whatever. Don't you wanna live with me, anyone? Do I stink? Please, don't tell me it's because I snore because I don't!"

Ellie snickered at the girl's reaction. "No, it's nothing like that. I was just thinking that maybe Levi could move in here instead."

"Oh please." Stella's lips curved into a smile.

"Come on, just think about it. That way you wouldn't have to sneak into the first every time you wanna make out."

Stella had told Beth and Ellie the story of what happened the other day and the girl hadn't shut up about it since. "Shut up." She snickered.

Stella felt a swarm of flickering warmth in her stomach when the memory of the day before replayed in her mind. Levi kissed her.

It was the second time. She hadn't realized how much she missed the feeling for his lips on hers. Last time, she was mostly confused about what it meant and what she felt. And whatever feelings she had back then were forced out of her mind after the series of events that played out after. Her mother died, the hallucinations, which she finally had let herself realized were only her imagination, the night in the boulder room and Levi's words, both of them being kidnapped and the harassments by the governor.