𝟒𝟓 - 𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐦𝐢𝐧𝐮𝐬

・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・

.・゜-: ✧☾ ☽✧ :-゜・.

Levi assisted Stella over the fence before jumping over it himself, joining up with the rest of the group. They stealthily raced to a door that led them to a corridor. With their weapons in hand, they slipped through the corridor, following a female voice at the end of it.

They stepped into a large back room, with bright shining lights, illuminating their surroundings. Before Stella managed to catch a glimpse of the room, she felt the smell. Fresh. Clean. Nothing smelled like that in the current state of the world.

Stella's eyes traveled around the room to explore their new surroundings. Tall walls, concrete floors, and people running around talking and working. In front of them sat a woman, speaking into a C.B. radio.

Suddenly Rick marched past the group to the woman with the radio. "Hello?" His voice cut through the room making everyone fall silent with every pair of eyes locking on the new group.

They stared in silent shock seeing Rick and the group who had now formed a line in front of them.

"Well, I bet Albert's on perimeter watch." One of them said, placing his painting brush back on the table. He scanned their faces as we approached them with his hands to the sides to show that he was unarmed. "You here to rob us?"

"No," Rick said shortly. "We wanted to see you before you saw us."

The man in front of them chuckled and nodded. "Makes sense." He stepped forward holding out his hands as a welcoming sign. "Usually we do this where the tracks meet..." he cleared his throat. "Welcome to Termius. I'm Gareth. Looks like you've been on the road for a good bit."

"We have," Rick said, his words laced with a threatening tone. "I'm Rick. That's Carl, Daryl, Michonne, Levi and Stella."

The girl tilted her head up, looking down at the man through her nose to look threatening. She was threatening. They all were. After what they had gone through, they had changed into the worst monster of themselves. And if the new so-called sanctuary would try anything on them, they'd be ready.

Garreth sent them an awkward wave, earning none back. "You're nervous, I get it. We were all the same way. We came here for sanctuary. That's what you're here for?"

"Yes," Rick spoke coldly.

"Good. You found it!" Gareth said before turning to one of the men behind him. "Alex!" He shouted to which a brunette hurried forward. "This isn't as pretty as the front. We've got nothing to hide but the welcome wagon is a lot nicer. Alex will take you, ask you a few questions." Garrett explained to the group. "Uh, but first we need to see everyone's weapons. If you could just lay them in front of you."

Stella's jaw tightened. She had no interest in walking around unarmed in new territory. She glanced over at Levi and her father who both seemed equally hesitant. Rick swallowed hard before reaching for his gun, causing a domino effect in the rest of the group who all instantly copied him by placing their weapons on the floor. Stella bent down and placed her gun and machete on the ground and remembered the pocket knife that was tucked into her shoe. Instead of laying it down next to the series of weapons, she stood up straight. Maybe it was stupid. If they found it later, she would be putting her life at risk but she wasn't ready to hand over her weapons to the unfamiliar group. Not after last night.