He is not into me (Part 12)

Will:-

After a moment, he grew serious and asked softly, "Seriously though, why did you think I wouldn't find you good looking?"

I paused, caught off guard by his question. "I don't know... I guess I'm just used to thinking that way sometimes."

"Well, for the record," he said, looking directly into my eyes, "you're really handsome. Just thought you should know."

I felt my cheeks flush with his compliment. "Thank you," I managed to say, feeling both embarrassed and flattered at the same time.

Mike's mom breezed into the room, her warm demeanor filling the space as she set down a plate of sliced fruits on the desk. "So, you two are really working hard, huh?" she remarked with a playful twinkle in her eye.

Mike grinned mischievously at his mom. "Of course, Mom. We're practically scholars here," he joked, earning a chuckle from both of us.

She gave him a knowing look before leaving us to our task, the door clicking softly shut behind her.

Mike picked up a slice of apple and raised it to my mouth. "Want some?" he asked with a small, teasing smile.

I nodded, feeling a mix of shyness and excitement, and took a bite from his hand. As I chewed, he put the rest of the apple in his mouth, looking around and shaking his head as if savoring something really good. It made me laugh softly, easing the tension between us.

As we continued eating, Mike went to sit on his bed, leaned back against it, and rested his guitar across his lap. "I think we deserve a little break," he suggested with a smile, strumming a chord lightly.

I nodded in agreement, feeling relaxed in his company.

He started playing his guitar softly, and as I watched him, I was struck by how talented he was. He then began to sing:

"You're beautiful 
You're beautiful 
You're beautiful, it's true 
I saw your face in a crowded place 
And I don't know what to do 
'Cause I'll never be with you..."

His voice filled the room with a tender melody, and I felt a rush of warmth and emotion. Mike's eyes were fixed on me as he sang, his expression sincere and heartfelt.

When he finished, I couldn't help but smile shyly, feeling both flattered and overwhelmed by the song's meaning.

"But I am with you now," I said softly, sitting beside him on the bed. I looked into his eyes, feeling a mixture of nervousness and affection.

Mike gazed at me with a gentle intensity, leaning closer until our lips were just inches apart. He placed a soft, lingering kiss on my lips, and as he leaned back, I blushed deeply, feeling embarrassed but also incredibly touched.

"Sorry if that was too forward," Mike said softly, his hand brushing against mine. "I just couldn't resist."

I smiled, feeling a rush of happiness and relief. "It's okay," I murmured, my cheeks still warm. "I'm glad you did."

He chuckled softly, his eyes warm and reassuring. "Good," he said, his voice soft and filled with affection. "I just want you to feel comfortable with me."

I nodded, feeling grateful for his understanding and sincerity. "I do," I assured him, my heart fluttering with newfound happiness.

Mike put his guitar aside and lay down on his bed, closing his eyes with a contented sigh.

"I'm feeling tired," he admitted, his voice soft and drowsy. "I think I'll just rest my eyes for a bit. Just a little nap."

I watched him, feeling a mix of affection and concern. "Why don't you sleep a bit then?" I suggested, standing up from the bed.