Chapter 16: Save her

««««««««»»»»»»»»

M'gann's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"How much longer are we walking for?" Chloe asked. "Not much." Bianca replied. Then I saw her. Chloe's long brown hair was out of its ponytail, and flopped over her face. Her eyes were darker than usual, and she slowly rocked back and forth. "What did you do to her?!" Younger Chloe exclaimed. "Look, I'm sorry, okay! But M'gann, you have to fix her, please!" Bianca exclaimed as she placed a hand on her shoulder. "But, I don't get it, we're already in the mindscape. How am I supposed to go further down?" I asked. "No, not like that. You have to talk to her! I already tried, but she doesn't make sense to me, so I was hoping you could make something out of it." Bianca explained. I took a deep breath and nodded. "We'll give you some time alone. C'mon, let's go find my puzzle." Younger Chloe said as she pulled Bianca away.

I sat down in front of Chloe. She looked up at me, and her eyes scanned my face. "Green. A bright color. It's bright, like the stars. Like her, not me. Scary. But the stars are still bright. White bright. Ideas?" She said, and my eyes widened. I didn't know that she wouldn't make that much sense. "Tell me about the stars." I said, and she looked up. "Stars. Like me. Not her. Bright. Yellow. Sometimes red. Also blue. Like him. But not her." She said quietly. Then she looked at me. "M'gann." She muttered, and I smiled. "Yeah, that's me." I said, and she gave me a tiny smile. "Friends. A nice word. A happy word. I have some." She replied. "Of course." I said. She was forming sentences. "Chloe. That's my name. So many things to remember." She muttered. I sighed. This was going to be a long day.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"I lost it, didn't I?" Chloe muttered. "A little bit. But it's okay." I said as I placed a hand on her shoulder. "No, not really. I killed my sister." Chloe said as she stood up and brushed herself off. I sighed. There was no changing her mind about that. "We need to get going." Chloe said as she began to walk, but I grabbed her wrist. "Are you sure you're going to be okay?" I asked. "Yeah, fine." Chloe said, and she kept walking. "Chloe, I am so so sorry." Bianca said as she immediately wrapped Chloe into a hug. "It's ok, it's ok." Chloe said. I squatted down next to younger Chloe. "See you next time?" She said, giving me a small smile. "Of course." I said, and she wrapped me in a tiny hug. "Will you be okay here?" Chloe asked Bianca. "Yeah, just call me if you need me." She said, and Chloe smiled. "Let's get going." I said, and I took Chloe's hand. "Ready?" I asked. "Yup." She replied. Then I shut my eyes, and waited.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

I reopened my eyes, still in the same spot as before. "Did you fix her?" Jaime asked. I smiled. "Why don't you ask her?" I said as I gestured behind him. And there was Chloe, slowly standing up with Bart and Artemis' help.

««««««««»»»»»»»»

Chloe's POV

««««««««»»»»»»»»

"I thought we lost you, again!" Bart exclaimed as he and Artemis wrapped me into a hug, and I smiled. "Thank you." I said as I hugged M'gann. Before I could move again, Jaime wrapped me into a hug. "I thought I lost you. I thought I lost you again." He whispered, and then placed a kiss on my forehead. I smiled, and kissed him back. "You'll never lose me." I said, and he smiled. "Never." He repeated, and it was my turn to smile. "Wait a minute! Watch this." I said as I held out my hand, and a yellow ball of power appeared. "How?" M'gann asked. "Dunno, something just told me to try it." I said. She gave me a knowing smile, which I returned. "We're back bitches." I said. "Language!" Everyone yelled at me.