| chapter o.1 |

❟❛❟ CHAPTER ONE ❟❛❟

❟❛❟ CHAPTER ONE ❟❛❟

"When we were kids, you once said we're shinobi and we don't know when we'll die. And that for neither side to die, we'd both have to reveal what's inside of us and pour each other drinks to toast like brothers. But we're both about to die. Right now, we can drink together, as war buddies."

"War buddies... huh? Well... I guess... that's okay..."

Madara had always imagined that at the end of his 'journey', he would be greeted by the familiar faces of Hashirama or his beloved brother, Izuna. As he lay there, accepting the inevitable embrace of death, a sense of tranquility washed over him. The chaos he had wrought was undone, and in this final moment of clarity, he realized the bitter truth: Hashirama's path had been the righteous one all along, and he, Madara, had been a fool to chase after a grandiose, unattainable dream.

Yet, when the darkness lifted, and he expected to find the afterlife, he was met with an astonishing reality. His eyes opened to a strange world, a place untouched by the familiarities of shinobi life. He encountered weird humans, so bizarre and unlike any human he had known. The very essence of shinobi, the flow of chakra, was conspicuously absent. This was not the afterlife he had envisioned.

It was as though he had been thrust into an entirely new existence— a second chance at life or a third? This realization dawned on him after spending a day trapped in the body of a five-year-old girl. The knowledge that he was now this young child rendered him momentarily incapacitated, his mind reeling from the shock. It felt like a genjutsu of the highest caliber, yet no matter how he tried, he could not dispel the illusion. And he knew that no jutsu possessed the power to transplant a soul into another's body. A living body, not the Edo Tensei one.

God?

Madara, who had always dismissed the existence of a higher power, found himself questioning his convictions as he awoke in a world utterly foreign to him. This new reality, where the very essence of his shinobi life was absent, made him ponder if this was the work of a God. Was this peculiar twist of fate a punishment for his past cruelties?

The idea seemed far-fetched, yet it was a possibility he could not entirely dismiss. Perhaps this was indeed a form of divine intervention, a chance for him to atone for his sins. In this strange new existence, Madara was presented with an opportunity to start anew, to live a life starkly different from the one he had known —a life where he could perhaps find redemption.

↼❟❛❟⇀