Chapter 12 : Not so sweet

The week after their day at the arcades games had gone smoothly. The next day, Mina was able to speak to their teacher to get a new date for their presentation. Of course, he understood the situation and agreed right away to postpone it so Chaeyoung could get some rest. Actually, the girl was barely seen at school until the last day of the week so Mina just texted her to let her know that it was due within two weeks. 

When Friday arrived, she was happy to see her at their lunch table with the other girls. Her cut on the lip looked healed and the dark rings around her eyes were gone. She slightly smiled at her when she sat as always next to Momo. The usual Friday conversation regarding the weekend parties didn't annoy her anymore, now she liked the idea of meeting them for a party tonight, and maybe even the next day. 

After her last class, she called Tzuyu and they agreed to meet at Nayeon and Jihyo's place right away to help everyone. The girls welcomed them happily and they were quick to make some space in the living room, preparing drinks and snacks for everyone. The parties that they organized had always been successful, but as the year went by, even more people started to come, so Jihyo was always stressed out about putting aside every fragile item, cleaning and making sure everyone would be safe. 

After one hour of everyone being bossed up by her, it was finally time to get ready. They all climbed upstairs. However Mina panicked, realizing she didn't bring any outfit and it was a bit late and too rainy to go get dressed at her dorm and come back. Seeing her standing still, Nayeon noticed her awkwardness.

"Arent't you getting change Mina ?

- Uh ... Actually I didn't bring anything, I completely forgot ... I should go back to my dorm, I'll be right back !

- Are you crazy ? It raining and so cold outside, I'm sure I have something for you here, just come with me"

She did as told, joining Nayeon in her bedroom. It was a nice place, yet quite messy and full of various useless items, not that she was judging. She sat on a chair while Nayeon went through her clothes, looking for something that would fit her. They had quite a similar figure so it wouldn't be too hard. 

For once, Chaeyoung arrived early, she had to rush Momo a bit because she was quite excited to get to the party. The reason why wasn't something she could properly put her finger on, but it definitely had something to do with Mina. She was kind of happy to spend time with her friends, and especially with her. 

When Jihyo let them in, she sat on the couch with everyone. Next to her, Momo asked the question that she wanted to ask the moment she got here.

"Where are Nayeon and Mina ?

- In Nayeon's room, they'll be there in a minute I guess"

It weirdly felt like a punch in her stomach. In her room ? What were they doing in there ? The feeling was unfamiliar and she wasn't able to identify it. She just knew she disliked it very much. She sank in her seat and sighed when the two girls finally met them. She couldn't help but notice how smiling and happy Mina was looking. She hated Nayeon for being so friendly and funny. They sat together at the opposite side of the table. Chaeyoung scanned Mina from head to toes, the dress she was wearing was familiar. It took her a few seconds to realize that she had already seen it worn by Nayeon.

"What were you doing in Nayeon's room ?"