Chapter 14 : I can't dislike you

Mina woke up very early, she could tell it from the view of all of her friends deeply sleeping around her. After the movie, they decided to gather all the matresses in the living room to sleep together. They didn't have much space this way, but it was fun and nice since it was pretty cold around them. She was still tired, but also desperately thirsty, so she got out of bed as silently as possible. Fortunately she was at the end of the matress, so she could leave easily without disturbing anyone. She walked to the kitchen quickly, wishing to go back in bed as soon as possible. She startled when she noticed a figure in the room, the light was off but her eyes recognized her easily in the obscurity.

"Chaeyoung ?" The girl jumped, not expecting someone to come in.

"Shit Mina, you scared me" As often, despite the vocabulary, the tone was soft, especially as she was quiet to preserve everyone's sleep.

"Sorry, I was thirsty ... What are you doing here ? Are you up already ?" She was way too exhausted to question why she was talking to her as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"I didn't sleep" She stated as if it was obvious and didn't elaborate.

"You didn't sleep at all ?"

Chaeyoung shook her head, yawning. 

"I couldn't sleep"

Mina nodded pouring herself a glass, and another one for the girl.

"Do you want to talk about it ?" She offered while handing her the glass.

"Don't worry, there's not much to say. Go back to sleep Mina, I'll try again too a bit later"

She didn't want to insist, and was too tired to do so anyway, so she nodded and put the glass in the sink. She walked past Chaeyoung, laying a gently hand on the girl's arm on the way.

"Okay, I'm going back. Try to get some sleep, okay ?"

Chaeyoung nodded and Mina left the room, slipping under the covers, next to Nayeon. Her friend hugged her in her sleep instantly. 

Unconsciously, she waited a few minutes before closing her eyes. And she fall asleep only when she heard tiny footsteps entering the room, and the light sound of covers moving a few meters away, indicating that the girl was back. Tomorrow she would probably be mad again, right now she just hoped Chaeyoung would find sleep, because she cared a tiny bit.

She woke up hours later when everyone around started to chat and laugh. It was nice starting the day with the girls, even if they already had too much energy. They quickly tidied the room and ate breakfast together in the kitchen. Mina glanced a few times at Chaeyoung, trying to guess if the girl was eventually able to get some sleep, she couldn't help it. She looked tired but it wasn't easy to guess since she had never been the ball of energy type of girl. She was sitting close to Momo on a stool, spacing out. Mina went back to the discussion until it was time for everyone to leave. They walked together to the campus, after thanking Tzuyu for everything. Sana didn't come in the dorm with her, saying she had plans for the day, so she had the place for herself. She settled at the desk and planned the few weeks before Christmas in her journal. She was happy to see the year ending and liked the idea of having a new one coming. She couldn't wait for the Holiday and her friends coming over.