Chapter 13 : Lucky draw

Mina sighed hanging up the phone.

She was done. She had no idea why Chaeyoung would always behave in such a weird and rude way, but she had decided it wouldn't be her problem anymore. 

After the last time, she refused to go to most parties, not wanting to face the girl again. She needed to breathe. It led to Nayeon offering to organize smaller gathering, with only Mina, Jihyo, Tzuyu and herself. It was a relief, she loved the three girls company and it made her happy that it was reciprocated. To her surprise, she missed partying, but for now it definitely was for the best. She needed to take Chaeyoung out of her mind, and to see her every weekend making out with random girls wouldn't help her feel better. She wanted to forget everything about her. And how confused she could make her feel.

There was only one moment she hadn't been able to escape, the presentation with Chaeyoung. It happened two weeks after the party, and it had made her so nervous, almost ill. They didn't communicate beforehand, and she had to count on the other girl sense of responsability to come ready. When she saw her arriving on time that day, she felt relieved and had to repress a smile. She was still mad, but all through the oral presentation, she kept a discreet eye on her, making sure she wasn't feeling nervous like the previous time. She was angry, but not petty, and she didn't want her to have a panic attack again or anything. Fortunately, it went well and they got nice extra credit thanks to their work, which made her happy. In her bitter moments, she would say it was the only good part in meeting Chaeyoung.

The girl had never made any attempt in coming back to her or apologizing. It was good, she didn't want anything coming from her. 

However, she had now to face a dilemma. Nayeon had just call her to tell her about a small party she wanted to throw to prepare their Christmas dinner. Mina looked through her window. Time flew but December was coming and her friends were all excited about organizing a big secret santa. She liked this idea, but it included spending time around Chaeyoung. If they argued, most of the girls remained close, only Mina would avoid having lunch with them and Nayeon and Tzuyu would take turn in eating with her so she wouldn't be left out. 

She didn't like the idea of dealing with her, but lately she had felt like a burden to her friends. She didn't want to be an obstacle in the group's bonding. And also she had the remark Nayeon made right before hanging up in mind.

"You can't let her dictate who you can see or not. You have your spot in our group and the girls miss you, even Momo"

She had her doubts about the last part, but the rest was true. She struggled to find people she liked being around in college, and now that she found them she would let it go for some girl with who nothing serious ever happened ? It was stupid. She texted Nayeon she would come, right before sitting on her bed to read a book. 

The door opened a few minutes later on Sana. At first, her roomate didn't notice her in the subdued light, she was on the phone.

"I'm glad we agree then Jeong" she turned around and slightly sartled seeing Mina "Uh we'll discuss details later, see you tomorrow"

She hung up quickly, and smiled to Mina.

"Sorry I didn't know you were there, I hope I didn't disturb you"

Mina simply shook her head, coming back to her book.