Chapter 15 : My Secret Santa

Lisa knew how to look a bit impressive when she wanted to, and it was the case this time. This is why, instead of ignoring her and going back with the girls downstairs, she opened the door wider and let her in.

"I don't know what you're talking about"

It was impossible to guess if her friend was amused or mad at her, and actually Mina thought she had no reason to be neither. 

"Mina I'm not stupid and I can connect the dots, especially when it comes to this topic. So tell me everything" 

She excitedly sat on the bed, waiting for details. Mina sighed.

"There's nothing to tell Lisa, let's just go back with the girls now

_ Oh please Mina, Lisa said rolling her eyes. You've been locked inside this room with her for like twenty minutes, and you want me to believe you guys were just in there doing nothing ?

_ Yes, because it's what we did. We just talked

_ Talked about what ?

_ None of your business"

Mina cringed hearing herself saying this sentence she had always hated hearing from Chaeyoung. She was lucky Lisa didn't seem offended in any way.

"You're my bestie, so your business is my business too, it's a rule

_ I'm pretty sure it is not"

Mina felt trapped, she knew her friend would go on insiting for hours. Fortunately, Lisa noticed her pleading eyes and softened.

"Look Mina, I'm not insisting just to be annoying. It's just that I can see that something is off and I'm a bit worried. I know you're hiding something and I don't know why you don't trust us enough to tell us about it"

In a second, the panick was replaced by guilt. She had been so obsessed by the stress of hiding her mistakes from her friends that she had never thought that she could hurt them. She felt dumb.

"It's not like that" She sat next to her friend on the bed, taking a few seconds to think about what to say. "It's not that I don't trust you, I ... I just don't know what I'm doing lately and ... I have no idea what's going on in my mind and it's confusing and I'm not able to explain it because ... I don't know ... I feel like I should handle it by myself you know ?"

Lisa nodded, surprised by her rant. She made Mina lean her head on he shoulder.

"I don't think you should handle this by yourself because talking to your friends would make you feel less confused, but take your time, and just know you can trust us"

She smiled, grateful and already relieved that she was able to express her confusion out loud, even in this messy way. 

"But we're here for the week only, so if you want us to kick some ass you'd better tell us quick"

Mina laughed, already feeling better. She also thought about the one time she saw Chaeyoung fight and win against this tall dude. Lisa was brave but she had no chance against the girl.