Chapter 20 : Confession

"I hate this fucking month, I can't believe it's February already" 

Nayeon sank into her seat, sighing. Some of the girls nodded in agreement and the others, like Mina, looked at her in confusion. They had just met for lunch, so she had no idea what this frustration was coming from. 

"It's the same thing every year, everytime Valentine's Day is coming. I just wish you would find someone so we can be done with all this drama" 

Nayeon frowned at Jihyo and decided to ignore her.

"I hate the idea that this day is coming too, it's so depressing when you're alone" Sana also complained. It had become usual for her and Jeongyeon to meet them for lunch too. The more they came, the less awkward it felt, so it was okay. 

"We should meet that day then, it may be less depressing if we're all together"

Mina liked the idea, she didn't really mind spending Valentine's day alone, she usually saw it as a regular day, but it could be fun. Nayeon apparently disagreed.

"I'm pretty sure celebrating with your other single friends is even sadder

_ Then don't come and stay alone" Jihyo sighed and looked at everyone "I'm serious, let's all hang out that day, it'll be nice"

Most of them cheered, already giving ideas for what they could do. Despite Chaeyoung who didn't join the conversation more than usual, only Momo remained silent, giving a few glances to Nayeon at her right that only Mina seemed to notice. 

"The 14th is on a weekend this year, so if you guys want we can go to my family's vacation house. It's not too far away and it has enough space for all of us"

They all looked at Tzuyu both in shock and joy. Mina wondered how many places her friend's family owned, but didn't ask, she guessed it was the same for everyone. 

"Sounds nice, so everyone who wants to come can come, and if others would rather stay home crying then it's okay, we'll send pictures"

Nayeon rolled her eyes "I'll come".

It went fast. After they all agreed to go at Tzuyu for Valentine's Day, they all received tasks so they could all enjoy this time together as much as possible. Nayeon and Mina decided to pair up to go to groceries and buy a lot of food. Well, Nayeon initially wanted to work on the program and find fun games to play, but Jihyo vetoed this idea "No one wants to play your crazy games, I'll work on it with Tzuyu". No one dared to agree out loud, but no one objected either. Nayeon's games were always unhinged and Mina was relieved she wouldn't be in charge this time. The girl simply shrugged.

"Well, we should all be ready to get bored then" 

They both agreed to meet the day before they would all leave. Mina was excited, she felt so impatient to go with everyone, and also happy to spend this afternoon with Nayeon. They had never spent a whole day with just the two of them, so she was curious. And she wasn't disappointed. The girl led her everywhere in the supermarket with so much energy that it felt like the most fun activity ever. After they had collected a bunch of snacks, drinks, chocolate boxes, but also some vegetables and real food that Mina had to insist to get, they were done in less than an hour. Nayeon suggested to get coffee together before heading back to campus and, when they eventually sat at a table, Mina was feeling like a storm had gone through her.