O N E

9:45 pm
Daegu, South Korea

The highway was crowded with deafening noises from all directions. People gossiping, senior police instructing junior officers, ambulance sirens, human tears, and street dog barking. Aside from that, the sudden rain made the surroundings scarier and creepier. So why not? Because it was no longer just a highway, but an accident site! Just a few hours ago, a dangerous car accident killed the driver. It carried no passengers, indicating that it was a personal vehicle driven alone by the owner.

"Eomma!", A soft voice caught everyone's attention at the scene of the accident which made everything silent for a moment. There stood a girl, who seemed to be in her teenage years, looking at the accident site. Her eyes welled up with tears were fixed at the car, out of which two wardboys from the ambulance were taking out the corpse.

She stood there like a statue, tears confined to her eyes. Continuously murmuring an inaudible prayer to just prove her presumption incorrect. But her hopes were dashed when the corpse that emerged from the automobile was identified as a female body. And the hand hanging out of the white sheet belonged to the person she had been thinking about.

"EOMMAAAAAAA!", The loud wailing of the girl hit everyone's ears as she tried to run close to the dead body but failed as two lady cops caught hold of her petite body. They tried to console her, but is it even possible to comfort the broken heart of a child who just lost her parents? Never!

As she looked at the dead, memories of her youth flooded back to her. How her mother reared her alone. Her mother never allowed her to experience the absence of her father. She was never afraid to present herself as the daughter of a single mother because she never required a father's love in the same manner that her mother loved her. Sometimes she misbehaved with her mother. Even on the day she died, she argued with her before leaving for school. She intended to apologize when she returned home, but instead received the most unexpected phone call of her life informing her that her mother had died!

Struggling hard in the cops' arms, her damaged body eventually gave up and dropped all of its weight over her knees as she kneeled down, crying her eyes out. People gathered at the accident site felt sorry for the girl, but none of them could accept her responsibility or fill her mother's absence. All they wanted for the poor youngster was to have a guardian Angel in her life who would look after her and love her like her mother, even if they didn't measure up to her mother's standards.

Guess what? It appears like God fulfilled their prayers. The Almighty sent guardians to protect her. The only distinction is that they are not angels. They are the DEVILS!

Bangtan Sonyeondan, Asia's largest and most dreaded Mafia group, came just in time after being notified of the accident. The seven boys exited their SUV and stood in front of the accident scene. The entire stadium became hushed as they watched the seven Devils. Everyone's eyes were downcast, and they bowed 60 degrees in respect. They reciprocated by bowing to the crowd as a group.

The woman killed in the crash was none other than their mother! They all had icy expressions and no emotion on their faces. This was the same woman who had cheated on her father with her secretary. Despite the fact that they have no feelings for her, the parent-child bond between them remains intact. They craved their mother's love when she left them. Finally, after so many years, they encounter her again, but she is no longer alive!

"King RM...", Namjoon just rolled his eyes to his side where the officer stood & called him. He didn't turn his face or even hummed. Just side-eyed indicating him to continue speaking. "We came within less than 10 minutes upon being informed about the accident. But she was spot dead. We're so sorry for being unable to save her.", He said with a bow.