E I G H T

3 Days Later...

Y/N's restful slumber contrasted sharply with the early bustle outside her chamber. Sunlight spilled through the curtain opening, creating a golden hue across her face. J-hope, the diligent big brother, strolled in with a malicious twinkle in his eyes. It would not be appropriate to wake her up with the regular polite calls today. He wanted a little fun.

With a cheeky grin, J-Hope stretched out and ripped open the drapes, letting in a flood of sunlight. Even the early light, which is usually a powerful wake-up call, was unable to awaken Y/N from her sleep. He chuckled, barely audible. He moved nearer, a taunting idea forming in his head.

"Y/N-aah, waky waky..." He softly shook her shoulder and whispered her name. Still no response. A smile appeared on his lips. This was too simple. He leaned down, his face a few inches from her tummy, and did something entirely unexpected. He puffed out his cheeks and, with a theatrical flourish, blew air into her belly over her outfits.

Y/N's eyes sprung open, and a burst of shocked laughter came from her lips. She scrambled back, striking at him playfully. "Hobi Oppa! Stop it!" She shouted, her voice full of faux wrath.

J-hope, his goal complete, merely smirked. He knew precisely how to elicit a reaction from his younger sister, despite it being a lazy morning. "Rise and shine, Sunshine," He exclaimed, his voice full of amusement. "School awaits."

Y/N swiped at him again, a giggle rising from her chest. In these joyful mornings with her boys, she felt at ease and loved unconditionally. They were her rock, protectors, and often her most terrible tormentors all in one.

When she woke up, J-hope surprised her with a tight embrace. She shrieked in surprise, but soon relaxed into his grip. He cared for her in a way that was both humorous and protective, which warmed her heart. She knew he would do everything to keep her happy and secure.

He carried her to the restroom in Koala style, the weight of her petite form barely a hardship. As he placed her directly in front of the sink, a smile appeared on her face. He hurried a little, ensuring that she had everything she needed, before shifting his focus to the bed.

Y/N watched with satisfaction as he skillfully pleated the duvet and adjusted the pillows. The sound of rustling cloth was a soothing tune to her ears. The small moments, the ordinary acts of affection, cemented their bond. They may have been half-siblings, but their bond went beyond blood. They were family, selected by fate and created through love.

J-hope sighed with satisfaction as he completed the bed. He glanced at Y/N with an earnest grin on his face. In her presence, the harsh facade he frequently displayed to the public vanished.

"All done." He announced. Y/N beamed back at him, her heart overflowing with love and gratitude. These brothers, who had become her parents in all but name, showered her with a love that knew no bounds.

She grabbed her toothbrush and started her morning routine, a contented smile playing on her lips. A moment later, she felt herself being lifted off the ground again. "Koala ride to the dining table?" J-hope asked with a raised eyebrow.

Y/N squealed in delight, wrapping her arms around his neck. "Let's go, captain!" She declared, her voice filled with laughter.

The playful banter continued as he carried her downstairs, the sound of their laughter echoing through the house. The rest of the brothers were already at the table, greeting Y/N with a chorus of "Good Morning, baby sissy!"

"Good morning, Oppas!" She chirped back, her happiness radiating outwards.

However, her smile faltered a little when she saw the breakfast spread. A bowl of cereal sat in front of her plate, not the pancakes she had been secretly hoping for.