F O U R

The next few days passed in the same way. Y/N and her seven brothers fulfilled their mother's death rites. She sobbed uncontrollably at the funeral. This time, she had Jin and J-hope to comfort her. Her other brothers, albeit caring for her, are still chilly towards her. Though they never expressed any anger or disappointment with her.

Y/N didn't complain about their behavior because she realized they needed time to adjust to her. Aside from that, she struggled to feel at ease with them. Probably because she couldn't initiate a conversation with them because the entire family was mourning over their mother's unexpected death. Her overwhelming anguish caused her to skip meals and stop communicating with anyone.

After the funeral, she did nothing except cry alone within the four walls of the chamber. Yes, they had her room ready, and she was no longer residing in Jin's room. She would spend the entire day in her room, only leaving to eat or watch TV in the living room before returning to sleep and crying. This has been her schedule on repeat.

Her brothers were likewise absorbed in their office work. Not to lie, they were also saddened by their mother's passing. They missed her a lot. They missed their childhood moments with their mother. This unexpected death devastated not only Y/N but also her seven brothers, as none of them expected to see this day so soon in their lives. Most of the time, they will be preoccupied with their jobs. They would spend their free time recalling childhood memories and missing their mother.

The weekend finally arrived, and the seven Devils had a day off. Normally, they would work from home on weekends and plan their preparation for weekdays, but this time they chose to take a total break. Not for themselves, but for the new member of the family, whom they somehow failed to adequately care for. They realized they hadn't been able to give her the quality time she needed at such a young age.

It was early in the in the morning. While the brothers worked out in the morning, Y/N slept soundly in her room. She wailed all night, like she usually does, and had no idea when she fell asleep. When it came time for breakfast, Jin walked upstairs to wake their sister up.

He opened the door to her room and noticed her sleeping body. When he got near her, he noticed dried tears on her face. Her eyes were swollen, and her lips were puffy from the crying session she had last night. Jin's heart ached as he noticed her frail figure. He realized she had been crying alone for the last few days because her brothers were too busy to look at her.

"Sorry for being so busy, Princess.", Jin whispered quietly, touching her silky hair. He realized they needed to pay attention to her or she would be severely heartbroken at such a tender age.

Y/N began stirring in her sleep after feeling a soft touch on her hair. "Ummm...Eomma...", She muttered, feeling a maternal touch on herself even in her sleep. Jin grinned at her and kissed her temple.

"Wake up, Princess. It's already morning, now get up.", He called her, softly shaking her little body and touching her hair. Y/N stirred a little more before opening the delicate folds of her eyes, only to witness Jin's smiling face in front of her. Her lips arched into a sweet smile as he woke her up. It had been a long time since she had truly spoken to or seen him.

"Good morning, Oppa.", She spoke in a weak voice, hurting from crying all night. Jin comprehended and felt as if something had stabbed his heart.

"Good morning, Princess.", He wished back as he kissed her temple with affection.

The next thing she did was make grabby hands at Jin. He was astonished at first by her unexpected clinginess. But then he realized she was craving the parental attention she used to receive from her mother. Jin happily scooped her up in Koala style and brought her to the restroom. He exited the room after handing over the toothbrush and pecking her on the forehead once more. He began organizing her bed, while she was going about her morning ritual, as she slept like a huge mess, with half of the bedsheet crumpled, the duvet on the floor, and the pillows at opposite ends of the bed.