54

the reunion crew, had decided to revisit their old haunt – "The Beanery." Though the cafe had metamorphosed into a full-fledged restaurant, the essence remained the same – a warm, inviting space that hummed with conversation and the aroma of freshly brewed coffee. As they walked through the door, a wave of nostalgia hit them.

 As they walked through the door, a wave of nostalgia hit them

The owner, a portly man with a kind smile and salt-and-pepper hair, looked up, his eyes widening in recognition

The owner, a portly man with a kind smile and salt-and-pepper hair, looked up, his eyes widening in recognition. "Hey there, you lot! Haven't seen you all in ages!" he exclaimed, his voice booming with genuine warmth.

A collective wave of greetings washed over them. "Mr. Verma! You haven't aged a bit!" Twinkle chirped, stepping forward to give him a hug.

Mr. Verma chuckled, his eyes twinkling. "Well, you youngsters haven't either. Though, maybe a little wiser, I hope!"

The ensuing conversation was a delightful tapestry of shared memories. They reminisced about bunking classes to hang out at The Beanery, the countless cups of coffee that fueled their late-night study sessions, and the mischievous pranks they meticulously planned within these very walls.

"Remember that time Manik and Twinkle dyed Professor Sharma's hair pink?" Arjun chuckled, a mischievous glint in his eye.

Twinkle gasped, feigning offense. "Hey! It was all Manik's idea!"

Manik, the ever-playful one, simply winked. "And what a glorious prank it was!"

The laughter echoed through the restaurant, a familiar and comforting sound.

Each corner of the space triggered a memory – Abhimanyu and Arjun celebrating their winning football goal with a celebratory dance,

Laksh and Kunj huddled over their textbooks, Niya capturing candid moments with her trusty camera, and most importantly, the corner table where Kunj and Abhimanyu used to steal precious moments away from the group.

As if on cue, Abhimanyu's gaze drifted to that very table, tucked away in a quiet corner. A bittersweet smile touched his lips as he remembered the countless heart-to-heart conversations, the stolen kisses exchanged under the dim winter light when the power would go out, and the passionate make-out sessions that ignited a fire within him.