Chapter 20 - The Green Goblin

Chapter Song Rec: Do I Wanna Know? by Arctic Monkeys

____________________

"Stop being so loud!"

"I'm not being loud!"

Hobie just sighed as the two of you bickered behind him, shaking his head quietly. He wasn't sure if it was the symbiote making him so angry...or if it was just Harry's annoying voice.

Why couldn't anything go his way?

He grumbled under his breath as he shoved himself through another supply room. The place was completely empty. No guards, no scientists, no Norman...where was everybody? What was going on?

He looked around, rifling through the different cabinets and files, trying to find something, anything about this antidote Harry had talked about.

Nothing.

He let out a groan of frustration, biting the inside of his cheek to keep himself from throwing a punch at the wall.

"Hobes? You okay?" you asked softly, coming up behind him and placing a hand on his shoulder. His body immediately tensed. "Fine." he croaked out, looking back at you coldly. "I'm just fine."

You looked startled as he walked past you and Harry caught your eye, a wide-eyed look on his face. Damn he mouthed at you.

Shut up you whispered back, following behind Hobie as he pushed himself into a different lab. He inhaled sharply as he recognized it. The room he'd broken into and found the V.E.N.O.M. symbiote weeks ago. There had to be something here.

He approached the cabinets littering the room, going through each and every one of them slowly. Nothing again.

You just watched him, a slightly concerned look on your face. He looked feral, shoving the cabinets aside after he was finished with them, sending a slew of papers flying across the floor.

You weren't sure what to say.

He was acting so...

"Why's he being so scary?" Harry asked, coming up behind you with a whisper.

"I don't know." you said quietly, folding your arms over your chest while you watched him throw another filing cabinet across the room, moving over to the next one.

"You gonna go talk to him?"

"Me?!"

"You're his girlfriend- or something, I don't know! Go talk to him!"

"I-" you stopped yourself. Harry was right. You probably should go talk to him...you just didn't know what to say. How could you do anything at this moment?

He deserved to be angry.

"Maybe if you could tell us where this stupid antidote is, then we could grab it and go!" you hissed at him. Harry's eyes widened. "I don't know where it is! I don't even know if it is there, it was just an idea!"

"We don't have time for ideas! That- that thing is sifting through Hobie's body and taking god knows what from him, we don't have ti-"

"What are you two whispering about?"

Harry jumped slightly and you looked back at where the voice had come from, seeing Hobie walking towards you, eyes narrowed. "You talking about me?"

"No, no, we're just-"

"What? Trying to help? Because you're not helping." he hissed.

You hesitated. "Hobie, that's not fair-"