CHAPTER 3

The next morning I went to the principal's office and add my name to the list of candidates. There were two other people running-- mark and Sora now mark didn't stand a chance, I knew that right off he was a good student he sat in front row and raised his hand every time teacher ask a question if he was called to give the answer, he would almost always give the right one, and he'd turn his head from side to side with a smug look on his face, as if proving how superior his intellect was. Eric and I used to shoot spitballs at him when the teacher's back was turned.

Sora was another matter. She was a good student as well. She'd served on the student council and had been the junior class president year before. The only real strike against her was the fact that she wasn't very attractive, I knew that not a single guy would vote for her.

After seeing the competition, i figured that i might have a chance after all. My entire future was on the line here, so I formulated my strategy. Jungkook was the first to agree
"Sure, I'll get all the guys on the team to vote for you, no problem. If that's what you really want." Jungkook said
" How about their girlfriends, too? " I asked.
In the end it worked out just the way I planned. Thanks to God Jeon Jungkook

I was voted student body president with a fairly large majority of the vote. I had no idea what trouble it would eventually lead me to.

When I was a junior I had a girlfriend Jennie she was my first girlfriend she dumped me for a guy named Kai who was eighteen years old. As far as I could tell, was that he had really a nice car. He'd lean against school wall looking back and forth, saying things like"hey baby" whenever a girl walked by. He was a real winner, if you know what I mean.

Well anyway the homecoming dance was coming up, and because of the whole Jennie situation, i still didn't have a date. Everyone on the student council had to attend - it was mandatory. I had to help decorate and clean up the next day and besides it was usually a pretty good time. I called a couple of girls i knew but they already had a dates, so I called a few more. They had dates, too. I had to find somebody. I didn't want to go to the dance without a date - what would that look like? I'd end up being the guy scooping punch all night long or mopping up the bathroom and floor. That's what people without dates usually did.

Growing sort of panicky, i pulled out the yearbook from the year before and started flipping through the pages one by one, first I look through the pages with seniors. I could not find anyone, at least not anyone who would go with me.

My mom knew what I was going through, she finally come into my room and sat on the bed beside me.
"If you can't get a date, I'll be happy to go with you," she said
"Thanks,mom," I said dejectedly.

When she left the room I felt even worse than i had before. Even my mom didn't think i could find somebody. And if I showed up with her? If I lived a hundred years, i'd never live that down.

There was another guy in my boat, by the way. lee Taemin had been elected treasurer, and he still didn't have a date, either. He never stopped asking questions "where did you go last weekend? Was it fun? did you see any girl?" He wouldn't even wait for an answer and he'd move around constantly as he asked so you had to keep turning your head to keep him in sight. I swear he was probably the most annoying person I'd ever met if i didn't get a date, he'd stand off on one side with me all night long, firing questions like some deranged prosecutor.

So there I was flipping through the pages in the junior class section, when I saw park jimin picture. I paused for just a second, then turned the page, cursing myself for even thinking about it. I spent the next hour searching for anyone halfway decent looking, but i slowly come to realisation that there wasn't anyone left. In time i finally turned back to his picture and looked again. He wasn't bad looking, i told myself, and he's really sweet. He'd probably say yes, i thought....

I closed the yearbook. Park jimin? No way. Absolutely not. My friends would roast me alive.
But compared with dating your mother or cleaning up puke or even, God forbid...... taemin?

I spent the rest of evening debating the pros and cons of my dilemma. Believe me, i went back and forth for a while, but in the end the choice was obvious even to me. I had to ask Jimin to the dance,and i placed around the room thinking of the best way to ask him.

It was then that i realised something terrible, something absolutely frightened. Taemin, i suddenly realised was probably doing the exact same thing I was doing right now. He was probably looking through the yearbook, too! He was weird, but he wasn't kind of guy who liked cleaning up puke, either, his choice was even worse than mine. What if he asked jimin first? Jimin wouldn't say no to him, and realistically he was the only option he had. No one beside him would be caught dead with him. jimin helped everyone- he was one of those equal opportunity saints. He'd probably listen to taemin squeaky voice, see the goodness radiating from his heart, and accept right of tha bat.