Chapter Ten - An Unexpected Visitor

Giyu Tomioka was preparing to retire for the night. He moved with practiced precision, hanging his haori neatly on a wooden peg. The silence of his estate was comforting, a stark contrast to the emotional turmoil of the day's events. Kyojuro's funeral had left him drained, and he welcomed the solitude.

As he began to unwind, a sudden knock echoed through his home. Before he could respond, the door creaked open, and Tanjirou Kamado stepped inside, his bright smile contrasting sharply with the sadness in his eyes.

"Giyu-san!" Tanjirou's voice was a blend of cheerfulness and sorrow. "How was Rengoku-san's funeral? And the celebration afterwards? Was it nice? I'm upset I wasn't able to go... I only knew him for a few hours prior to his defeat, but he left a big impression on me."

Giyu tilted his head slightly, considering the young demon slayer before him. Tanjirou's unwavering optimism was both a source of bewilderment and a reminder of the strength in resilience. After a moment, Giyu shrugged, his voice as cold and emotionless as ever. "It was quite boring, though when we shared Kyojuro's stories and memories with each other, it was quite... fun and nice."

Tanjirou nodded, his expression softening. "Kyojuro-san had a way of bringing joy to everyone around him. I wish I could have been there to honor him properly."

Giyu studied Tanjirou for a moment, then spoke again, his tone more contemplative. "After I come back from my mission tomorrow... I wouldn't mind visiting Kyojuro's grave with you, if you'd like."

Tanjirou's face lit up with gratitude. "I'd like that very much, Giyu-san. It would mean a lot to me to pay my respects."

Giyu nodded, feeling a rare flicker of warmth in his chest. "Very well. We can go together."

Giyu's eyes flickered with a brief, almost imperceptible emotion. "I'll see you tomorrow, Tanjirou."

Tanjirou's smile brightened, and he gave a small bow. "Thank you, Giyu-san. I'll see you tomorrow then."

With that, Tanjirou turned and left the estate, leaving Giyu once again in the quiet solitude of his home. As he lay down to sleep, Giyu's thoughts lingered on the funeral, the celebration, and the promise of tomorrow's visit to Kyojuro's grave. He found a strange sense of peace in the company of Tanjirou, a reminder that even in the darkest times, there were bonds of friendship and shared purpose that could light the way.

Giyu closed his eyes, the memory of Kyojuro's laughter echoing in his mind, and allowed himself to drift into a restless sleep, knowing that he was not alone in his grief, and that together, they would continue the fight against the darkness.