Chapter Sixteen - Slayers versus the Six Eyes Beast

The battlefield was a chaotic symphony of clashing swords, swirling winds, and the desperate cries of warriors locked in a life-and-death struggle. Muichiro Tokito found himself separated from Gyomei Himejima by the sinister Blood Demon Art of Upper Rank Four Nakime. As he struggled to regain his footing, his eyes fell upon a petrifying figure: Kokushibo, the Upper Rank One, clad in a hexagonal-patterned kimono, his six eyes glinting with malevolent intent.

With a swift strike, Muichiro attempted to behead his ancestor with Mist Breathing, but Kokushibo dodged effortlessly, his admiration for Muichiro's swordsmanship evident. Yet Muichiro harbored no interest in conversation, unleashing relentless attacks that Kokushibo gracefully evaded. The clash intensified as Muichiro's Demon Slayer Mark manifested, surprising Kokushibo.

Despite Muichiro's valiant efforts, Kokushibo's Moon Breathing proved formidable, severing Muichiro's hand and piercing his torso. The Upper Rank taunted Muichiro, urging him to embrace demonhood or accept his fate. Meanwhile, Genya, hidden in the shadows, prepared to intervene but was intercepted by Kokushibo, severing his arm.

Sanemi Shinazugawa, fueled by a desire to protect his brother, Genya, confronted Kokushibo alongside Gyomei. Their coordinated assault showcased their formidable prowess, yet Kokushibo's resilience seemed insurmountable. As the battle raged on, Kokushibo's true power emerged, his eyes unnatural, his attacks unpredictable.

But hope flickered with Muichiro's return, his determination undimmed despite his grievous injuries. With Genya's support, Muichiro unleashed a fiery technique, weakening Kokushibo. Gyomei's revelation of the "Transparent World" provided insight into Kokushibo's movements, empowering the Hashira to press their advantage.

In a final, desperate gambit, Genya consumed Kokushibo's demonic blade, transforming into a demon himself. As the battle reached its climax, the Hashira unleashed a relentless barrage, exploiting Kokushibo's vulnerability. In his last moments, Kokushibo confronted his pa^ questioning his purpose and lamenting his existence.

With Kokushibo vanquished, the battlefield fell silent, the Hashira battered but victorious. Yet amidst the triumph, sorrow lingered as Genya passed away, leaving Sanemi to grapple with grief and rage. Gyomei, resolute in their mission, urged Sanemi to press on, for the night was not yet over, and Muzan Kibutsuji still awaited their final confrontation.