Chapter Twelve - The Clash of Titans

The sun was beginning to set, casting a warm, golden hue over the Demon Slayer Corps headquarters. Tanjirou Kamado walked briskly towards Giyu Tomioka's estate, a small smile on his face as he anticipated his visit with the Water Hashira. He reached the estate and knocked politely before entering, the door creaking slightly as he pushed it open.

As soon as he stepped inside, the sound of clashing wood reached his ears. Tanjirou's heart raced as he hurried down the hallway, fearing the worst. When he burst into the training room, he was greeted by the sight of Giyu and Sanemi Shinazugawa locked in what appeared to be a fierce battle. Their wooden katanas clashed with impressive speed and force, each strike echoing through the room.

Tanjirou's eyes widened, his initial alarm turning to confusion. He took a moment to observe their movements more closely. Despite the intensity of their exchanges, there was a rhythm and precision to their actions that suggested they were not fighting in earnest but training.

With a final resounding crack, both Giyu's and Sanemi's wooden katanas splintered and broke apart. Sanemi grinned fiercely, his eyes alight with enthusiasm. "Now let's go bare-handed until one of us loses our face!"

Giyu's expression remained stoic, but there was a subtle determination in his eyes as he prepared to engage. Before they could launch into another round, Tanjirou stepped forward, placing himself between the two Hashira. "Wait, Sanemi-san! Giyu-san!" he exclaimed, holding his arms out to stop them.

Sanemi's grin faltered as he looked down at Tanjirou, a mix of annoyance and curiosity on his face. "What are you doing, kid?" he demanded. "We're just having a bit of fun."

Tanjirou shook his head, his voice earnest. "I know you're training, but it's too intense. What if one of you gets seriously hurt? We need both of you in top shape to fight demons."

Giyu lowered his hands slightly, nodding in agreement. "Tanjirou's right. There's no need to push ourselves to the point of injury."

Sanemi scowled, his enthusiasm dampened. "You're always such a stick-in-the-mud, Tomioka," he muttered, but he stepped back, rolling his shoulders to loosen up. "Fine, we'll call it for now."

Tanjirou let out a relieved breath, lowering his arms. "Thank you, Sanemi-san. Giyu-san."

Sanemi huffed and crossed his arms, but there was a grudging respect in his eyes as he looked at Tanjirou. "You've got guts, kid. I'll give you that. But don't think you can always step in and play peacemaker."

Tanjirou smiled, his eyes sincere. "I just want to make sure everyone stays safe. We're all fighting for the same cause."

Giyu placed a hand on Tanjirou's shoulder, a rare gesture of camaraderie. "You did well, Tanjirou. Thank you."

Sanemi snorted, but the corner of his mouth twitched as if suppressing a smile. "You're too soft, Tomioka. But I guess that's what makes you who you are."

Giyu gave a small nod, his expression softening. "And you're too reckless, Shinazugawa. But we need that fire."

Tanjirou beamed at the two Hashira, grateful for the moment of unity. "We're stronger together. That's what Kyojuro-san always believed."

The mention of Kyojuro brought a moment of silence as they all remembered their fallen comrade. Sanemi's expression turned somber, and Giyu's eyes darkened with the weight of loss.

"Yeah," Sanemi said quietly. "Kyojuro always had a way of bringing people together."

Giyu nodded but kept quiet.

Tanjirou looked between the two of them, feeling a renewed sense of purpose. "We'll keep pushing forward. For Kyojuro, and for everyone we've lost."

Sanemi clapped Tanjirou on the back, nearly knocking the wind out of him. "You've got the right idea, kid. Now, FUCK OFF!."