Chapter Seventeen - The Final Confrontation

The Ubuyashiki mansion stood proud and solemn amidst the darkening sky, a beacon of defiance against the encroaching evil that loomed over it. Within its walls, Kagaya and Amane Ubuyashiki stood resolute, facing the embodiment of darkness itself.

Muzan's presence was suffocating, his disdain for the frailty of mortal life palpable as he regarded the aging Oyakata with contempt. "You disappoint me, Kagaya Ubuyashiki," he sneered, his voice a venomous hiss. "To think that you, who have lived for centuries, would allow yourself to decay so pathetically."

Kagaya met Muzan's gaze with unwavering resolve, his eyes betraying a depth of sorrow and determination. "Our paths diverged long ago, Muzan Kibutsuji," he replied, his voice steady despite the weight of centuries bearing down upon him. "While you sought immortality through the blood of innocents, we chose to dedicate our lives to ending your reign of terror."

Muzan scoffed, his lip curling in disdain. "And yet, here you stand, a mere shadow of your former self," he taunted. "Do you truly believe that your feeble attempts to defy me will succeed?"

But Kagaya remained unmoved, his gaze unwavering as he revealed the truth behind their intertwined destinies. "You may not remember, Muzan, but we were once part of the same family," he confessed, his voice tinged with sorrow. "It was your descent into darkness that cursed us, condemning generations of our kin to suffer and die at your hands."

Muzan's eyes narrowed in confusion, his facade of arrogance faltering for the briefest of moments. "What nonsense is this?" he demanded, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

"It is the truth," Kagaya insisted, his voice carrying the weight of centuries of suffering. "The curse that plagues my family is the result of your betrayal, your abandonment of everything that once bound us together."

For a moment, silence hung heavy in the air, the weight of centuries of hatred and betrayal casting a shadow over the confrontation. And then, with a voice laced with bitter irony, Kagaya posed a question that cut through the darkness like a blade.

"What do you dream of, Muzan Kibutsuji?" he asked, his voice quiet but filled with an intensity that sent shivers down the demon's spine.

Muzan hesitated, his gaze flickering for the briefest of moments before he composed himself. "I dream of immortality," he admitted, his voice a whisper of longing and desire. "A world where I am free from the shackles of mortality, where I reign supreme for all eternity."

But Kagaya's response was swift, his words carrying a truth that cut deeper than any blade. "True immortality lies not in the fleeting existence of the flesh, but in the enduring legacy of the human soul," he declared, his voice echoing with a wisdom born of centuries of introspection and sacrifice.

"And what of the countless lives you have taken?" he continued, his voice rising with a righteous fury that echoed through the halls of the mansion. "Do you truly believe that your reign of terror will go unchallenged? That the blood of the innocent will not cry out for justice?"

Muzan recoiled, his facade of arrogance crumbling in the face of Kagaya's unwavering conviction. "You dare to lecture me, mortal?" he snarled, his voice a symphony of rage and defiance.

But Kagaya remained steadfast, his gaze unwavering as he delivered his final, damning verdict. "Your time is at an end, Muzan Kibutsuji," he declared, his voice ringing with a clarity that cut through the darkness like a beacon of hope. "Tonight, your reign of terror will come to an end, and the world will know peace once more."

And with those words, the stage was set for the final confrontation, a battle that would decide the fate of humanity itself. As the Ubuyashiki mansion trembled with the weight of centuries of history, the forces of darkness and light prepared to clash in a struggle that would echo through the ages. And amidst the chaos and despair, Kagaya Ubuyashiki stood resolute, his faith unshakeable as he faced the embodiment of evil itself.