Chapter Seventeen - The Final Confrontation (Continued)

As the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the land, a sense of foreboding hung heavy in the air. The remaining Hashira, accompanied by a motley crew of low-ranking demon slayers, raced through the night, their hearts heavy with the weight of impending doom.

Mitsuri Kanroji, her vibrant spirit undimmed despite the darkness that surrounded her, led the charge, her determination shining like a beacon in the gathering gloom. Beside her, Obanai Iguro moved with a grace born of years of training, his eyes narrowed in fierce concentration as he prepared for the battle ahead. Gyomei Himejima, his massive frame a testament to his strength and resolve, lumbered forward, his senses keenly attuned to the danger that lurked in the shadows.

And then there was Giyu Tomioka, his stoic demeanor a mask for the turmoil that raged within him, his thoughts consumed by the memory of his fallen comrades and the weight of the responsibility that now rested upon his shoulders. Beside him, Sanemi Shinazugawa moved with a predatory grace, his gaze fixed upon the horizon as he prepared to face the ultimate challenge.

But amidst the ranks of the demon slayers, one figure stood apart from the rest. Nezuko Kamado, her once-human form now twisted and distorted by the curse of Muzan Kibutsuji, moved with a feral grace, her eyes burning with a fierce determination that belied her monstrous appearance. And yet, despite the darkness that threatened to consume her, a flicker of humanity remained, a beacon of hope in the face of despair.

As they raced toward the Ubuyashiki estate, a sense of dread settled over them like a shroud, the weight of impending doom hanging heavy in the air. And then, in an instant, their worst fears were realized.

With a deafening roar, the mansion erupted in a blinding flash of light, the force of the explosion sending shockwaves rippling through the night. The Hashira and demon slayers skidded to a halt, their eyes wide with horror as they watched the once-proud estate crumble before their eyes, consumed by flames and smoke.

And amidst the chaos and devastation, they glimpsed the twisted form of Muzan Kibutsuji, his body engulfed in flames as he raged against the forces arrayed against him. But even as he fought with all his might, a sense of futility hung heavy in the air, his once-immortal form now reduced to ash and cinder.

As the flames began to die down and the smoke cleared, the full extent of the devastation became clear. The Ubuyashiki estate lay in ruins, its once-grand halls reduced to smoldering rubble. And amidst the wreckage, the bodies of Kagaya Ubuyashiki and his family lay motionless, their lives snuffed out in an instant.

For a long moment, silence reigned supreme, broken only by the crackling of flames and the sound of distant cries. And then, with a heavy heart, Giyu Tomioka stepped forward, his voice a whisper of sorrow and regret.

"Our master is gone..." he declared, his words echoing through the night like a dirge.