Chapter Fifteen - Battle of Resolve

Tanjirou and Giyu raced through the labyrinthine corridors of the castle, their hearts heavy with the news of Shinobu's demise at the hands of Doma. The air crackled with tension as they sought out their targets: Muzan Kibutsuji and Tamayo.

Suddenly, a violent tremor rocked the castle, sending Tanjirou and Giyu stumbling. Amidst the chaos, a familiar scent wafted through the air, and the roof above them shattered, revealing the imposing figure of Upper Rank Three, Akaza.

Akaza's eyes widened in disbelief as he locked gazes with Tanjirou, a sneer curling his lips. "You're still alive, weakling?" he spat, his voice dripping with contempt. Tanjirou met his gaze with steely determination, his fists clenched at his sides.

The battle erupted in a flurry of motion and sound, a clash of wills and swords. Tanjirou moved with agility, evading Akaza's blows and retaliating with the ferocity of a wounded beast. His every movement was fueled by the memory of Kyojuro Rengoku, the Flame Hashira whose life had been snuffed out by the Upper Rank.

As Akaza closed in, Tanjirou summoned the power of the Hinokami Kagura, his blade wreathed in flames as he unleashed a barrage of strikes. With a mighty effort, he severed Akaza's arm, the sound of rending flesh echoing through the chamber.

But Akaza was relentless. With a swift motion, he aimed a lethal blow at Tanjirou's head, only to be met with the blazing fury of the Hinokami Kagura. Tanjirou's blade sliced through the air, leaving a trail of fire in its wake as it cut a deep gash across Akaza's face.

Giyu watched in awe as Tanjirou's skills flourished before his eyes, the young slayer's movements fluid and precise, reminiscent of a seasoned Hashira. Akaza, too, recognized Tanjirou's newfound strength, his eyes gleaming with begrudging admiration.

In a desperate bid to turn the tide, Akaza unleashed his Technique Development: Destructive Death, signaling the true beginning of the battle. Giyu joined the fray, his Water Breathing techniques complementing Tanjirou's fiery assault.

Akaza's attacks were relentless, his fists moving like a whirlwind as he unleashed waves of destruction upon his foes. Giyu's Water Breathing, honed over years of training, proved to be a formidable match for Akaza's raw power.

Tanjirou fought with all his might, his every strike fueled by the memory of those he had lost and the determination to protect those he held dear. With each clash of steel, he felt himself growing stronger, his resolve unwavering in the face of adversity.

As the battle raged on, Tanjirou's mind raced, recalling the lessons of his father and the teachings of his mentors. He entered a state of heightened awareness, the world around him slowing to a crawl as he focused on dodging Akaza's deadly blows.

Giyu, too, fought with a newfound vigor, his every movement calculated and precise. Together, they formed a formidable duo, their combined strength pushing Akaza to his limits.

But Akaza was not one to be underestimated. With a surge of power, he unleashed his final, devastating technique, Blue Silver Chaotic Afterglow, a relentless onslaught that threatened to overwhelm them both.

Tanjirou moved with lightning speed, his blade flashing in the dim light as he struck with all his might. With a final, decisive blow, he severed Akaza's head from his body, the demon's form dissolving into ash before their eyes.

As the dust settled, Tanjirou felt a sense of peace wash over him. The battle was won, but the cost had been high. He glanced at Giyu, who slumped against his broken sword, exhaustion etched into every line of his face.

Together, they stood victorious, their spirits unbroken despite the trials they had faced. For Tanjirou and Giyu, the battle was far from over, but they faced the future with courage and determination, ready to confront whatever challenges lay