Chapter 13: The plan pt2

Courtney's POV:

I finally arrive at the cafe. There aren't many people here, so there will be plenty of space to brainstorm the plan.

I exit my car, grabbing my bag in the process, and close the door.

 Taking deep breaths, I start to walk into the cafe. 

As I open the door, I think to myself,

Lost in my thoughts, I bump into something Or someone.

"Are you okay, ma'am? I'm so sorry, it was completely my fault."

I look up to see a tall, ginger-haired, freckled guy with brown eyes.

I shake my head and reply, "Oh no! That was totally my fault. Sorry."

"You're good," he says with a smile as he opens the door for me.

"Thank you! Have a good day," I say, waving to him.

"You too." He smiles again.

OMG THAT SMILE!

As I turn around, still with that stupid smile on my face, I see Duncan staring right at me. Call me delusional, but He looked mad.

Duncan's POV:

What the fuck? How the fuck did that happen? That was definitely on purpose. I mean, I saw him eyeing her for a few seconds when he was leaving, opening the door for her, bumping into her, talking to her. Wait, why am I getting mad?

I see Courtney walk over to me with a confused expression, but also a smile on her face.

"What was the mean mugging for?" she asks as she pulls out a chair and sits down, placing her bag on the chair next to it.

"What mean mugging? Me?"

She shakes her head and chuckles.

Was it really that obvious I was mad?

She pulls out a folder and places it in front of me.

"What's this?" I say, covering my mouth to try not to laugh.

"The PLAN."

I can't hold it back. I start laughing like I'm six. All she does is give me a bad glare, So does everyone else in the cafe.

Once I pull myself together, I sit back up, straighten my clothes, and look at her.

"So, lady, what's the plan?"

I feel a slap across my face.

"I'm not lady. It's Courtney."

"Okay, Lady Courtney. What's the plan?"

Later:

All afternoon, Courtney and Duncan discuss their plan (which you'll find out in the next chapters). Duncan keeps laughing, and Courtney yells at him to focus, but he continues to laugh. Finally, at 8 pm, when the workers tell them they're closing, Courtney and Duncan pack up and head outside.

Courtney's POV:

"Well, that was a good study session," Duncan says as he opens the door for me.

I roll my eyes. "First of all, it wasn't a 'study session'. It was a plan, and you kept laughing." My voice deepens at the end.

"Alright, I'm sorry. It's a good plan," he says, closing the door.

"Yeah, whatever."

Duncan's POV:

Did I really upset her?

Courtney's POV:

I start to walk towards my car when I feel a hand pull me back. Duncan and I are eye to eye, our faces inches apart. His hand is on my arm, slowly drifting away to his side.

"I'm actually sorry. I didn't know it offended you. It honestly is such a good plan."

I feel myself start to blush, but then I shake it off and walk away, not in a mad way, just towards my car. A smirk appears on my face.

*SHORT IK IM SO SORRY I END SCHL TMR SO YALL JUST WAITT*

*dont forget to vote.*