Chapter 6: the party (pt.3)

After dropping down on the dance floor, I head over to the drink table and pour myself some random drink. It tasted sweet but heavy. It was alright. Heather makes her way over to me and grabs onto my shoulder. I can tell she's drunk as heck. She smiles a weird smile and says,

"Someone was giving you a good eye today." Then she starts laughing maniacally and falls into my chest.

I pull myself back up straight and say, "Who is this someone?"

She turns around and looks at me, "DUNCAN!!!"

My ears felt like they were going to bleed, so did everyone else's. More laughter comes out of her mouth.

I talk to Heather's drunk self, telling her she better not drive home today and stay at Geoff's for now, but of course, she doesn't listen.

Just then, Alejandro makes his way to Heather and pulls her towards his chest, holding her.

"I think I'll take her home, she's definitely going to have an attitude in the morning. Nice seeing you by the way. Hope we can all hang out soon." He reaches his hand out and I shake it.

"You too. And if she has a temper tantrum, just play some Disney music in the background. Trust me, it works."

He laughs and looks down at Heather, "I can see why."

He waves goodbye while he and Heather exit through the front door, leaving me alone at the bar. I look back over at Duncan and he looks over at me. I immediately turn away and drink the rest of my drink. He continues his conversation with Harold for a minute, then slowly walks over. My heart feels like it's beating like crazy, and I can feel my cheeks flushing. I quickly pour another drink, chugging it down like it's my last one. Remind me to never do that again.

Duncan makes his way in front of me, the height difference being kind of the same, but he's grown a bit taller.

 "So the princess has a dark side."

I roll my eyes and laugh. "I see yours has left." 

"Just because I've been out of jail doesn't mean I've lost my spark." 

"How'd you get out anyway?"

 "That's a story for another day."

"Ok, so hows life?"

"Honestly idk, trying to get into a decent college, maybe community, but with my record, theres no guarantee."

His voice dropped at the end, and to be honest, i felt bad for him. I mean, juvie and ruined everything for his future. Even with the mistakes he's made.

"Anything's possible. Just try your best right now and if it doesn't work, we'll figure something out."

Oh shit. I said we.

His eyes opened wider and glowed. Those beautiful teak eyes. I could look at them all day. Wait, WHAT AM I SAYING?

"Thanks Courtney, I appreciate it. Wanna catch up soon?"

"We could catch up now?"

His face changed, it looked like he was confused.

I grabbed his arm and pulled him through the crowd, making our way upstairs.

" Girl you are wild, but I'm not trying to do anything tonight."

I chuckled and looked at him,

"Trust me, that dancing was everything I'm doing tonight."

A small chuckle left his mouth and he shook his head.

We entteere into one of the rooms in Geoff's house, and for the rest of the night we talked like crazy. He told me about his years in jail and all the fights that happened in his cell. I told him about Highschool with all the drama. After every sentence was either a wow or a burst of laughter. But the most memorable thing about this conversation was him looking at me the whole time. His smile. Everything. 

I checked the time,

Oh shit. It's 2am.

"I lost track of time completely omg it's 2am."

Duncan laughed and said,

"Yup, does Ms CIT have a bedtime?"

A slap went on his arm. 

"Ima go get bridge and see if she can drop me home."

He grabs my arm and pulls me from getting up. Not like harshly though. Not even gonna lie I liked it.

"I would do that if I were you. Her and Geoff are....you know."

Disgust filled my mind but that was the less of my worries. I needed a ride home.

"Well then, I guess I'll get an Uber."

Duncan then stood up quickly and pulled me down the stairs.

"Where are you taking me?"

No response. 

He lead me out the door, which surprising, it was cold and I started shivering. He started walking faster until we got to a car.

His car.

It was a Dodge charger. I see exactly why someone like Duncan would have it. But I've heard about how fast these things go and I'm not trying to be involved in anything else tonight.

"Aren't you like drunk or something?"

"Nope. Drinks were a little strong though but I promise my life nothing will happen to you."

He unlocked the car and opened the car for me. Which made me blush and I nodded my head at him. Once he entered the car, he turned to me.

"So where do you live?"

"Um excuse me driver, I believe it's said like, "where to ma'am?"

Another laugh came out of his mouth, and another stupid smirk.

"Where to princess?"

Now that caught me off guard to the point where I had to pause for a second to process what he said. When he said princess to me before, I thought it was just for what he said to me on show but he called me it again? I'm shocked but not really.

"Anywhere really I don't feel like getting yelled at tonight." I said as I rubbed my head.

A chuckle came out of his mouth, 

"I know a place."

And then we took off.

A/N: HEYY GUYS IM SORRY FOR THE DELAYS I HAD A LOT OF THINGS GOING ON BUT IM BACK I PROMISE. NEW CHAPTER EACH DAY FOR THE NEXT WEEK. TY FOR 400 READS I LOVE YALL SM AND APPRECIATE YOU GUYS💕💕💕💕💕💕

BTW: I MIGHT CHANGE THIS LATER IDK IF I REALLY LIKE THIS RIGHT

                                   vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv