Chapter 2: The Dark Moon- 4x1

A/N: Normally I use the summary that came with the episode and just add in a bit for Chloe, but this book is so Chloe and Derek centered I'm going to have to write my own. If you think I missed the bar please let me know- Feedback is always appreciated.

After being brutally beaten Chloe wakes up to some very unexpected news, only the person she needs the most can't there, but where is he? Now she has to fight to get him back and the pack only wants to help.

Third Person POV

~Previously~

"I'll find you... I promise, I won't stop until I find you." She whispers letting the tears fall while kissing him slowly, desperately trying to hand onto every moment.

Derek drops to his knees in the Loft, with a bullet hole in his chest from the shotgun, seeing a figure in the smoke as it clears, "It's real... You're real..." He mutters in disbelief, terrified.

Kate Argent steps out of the smoke, "That's right, Derek..." She smiles, "And, if seeing me is a surprise, watch this—" She shifts into something with darker skin, almost looking blueish-purple in the dim light, with black spots, green eyes a bit darker than Chloe's and cat like fangs and she roars.

As Derek falls to his side in shock from both his injuries and seeing Kate again she eyes Chloe who laying right next to Derek with how he landed as she weakly reaches for his hand. Kate watches the Witch, looking her over, she's laying in a massive pool off her own blood, shotgun blasts covering her chest and back, and a few spots in her neck just barely missing the arteries. She also has the bullets from Severo's men earlier in her thigh, and is choking on her own blood as she struggles to breath with the damage to her lungs. "Don't worry, Sweetie." Kate smirks kicking the Witch away from him just as Chloe manages to brush her hand against Derek's, and she can feel her ribs breaking, "I'll take good care of him." That's the last thing Chloe sees before her vision goes black.

~Now~

Alan is sitting at Chloe's hospital bedside, where he has been for the last three weeks and six days; he hasn't left her side since he found her in a near death state at the Loft. All he's been doing is staring at a small object in his hand with tears in his eyes as the memories flash through his mind.

~Flashback- Derek's Loft, 3 weeks and 5 days earlier~

Having not heard anything from his daughter for about six days since she left work on that Monday, which isn't out of the ordinary for her especially when she's with Derek but, he can't shake the horrible feeling screaming at him to go check on her; especially when she doesn't answer her phone after a full day of calls and texts that he tried to get through before stopping by the Loft.

As he walks up the stairs to the Loft door he finds it wide open and the room is a disaster- the table is flipped over, shell casings and the broken bowls and the Mac & Cheese from dinner scattered across the floor- the noodles now dried and stuck to the concrete, but what really has his attention is the now dried blood staining the concrete. And as his eyes scan the room he sees the bodies, but there's only one that really catches his attention; Her- his daughter; Chloe.

He immediately rushes to her, finding Derek's old leather jacket on the floor near her. She's laying on her side curled up in a tight ball and unconscious, "Chloe...?" He whispers heartbreakingly holding her head in his hands, his fingers moving to her neck to frantically check for a pulse, "Chlo... please... not again."

After a few moments he finds a very faint pulse and lets out a small sigh of relief before grabbing his phone and calling Marin, Noah, and Melissa- avoiding calling 9-1-1 due to the supernatural nature of what happened. While he's on the phone he wraps his daughter up in the jacket realizing just how cold she really is because of how long she's been laying on the floor. The three of them were at the Loft in under twenty minutes to help and get the dying Witch to the hospital. "We'll deal with this, no one but us will ever know anything happened here." Marin promises, getting an agreeing nod from Noah.