Chapter 10: Perishable- 4x9

After a vain attempt to kill Parrish, it's clear that almost everyone has access to the Deadpool. Chloe and Braeden dig for answers while Lydia dives into her grandmother's past, uncovering yet another list which leads her to Eichen House. The pack soon realizes no one is safe.

Third Person POV

The next afternoon, Chloe wakes up to find Braeden lying next to her which means Derek's on the couch, looking over she signs when she realizes that's exactly where he is. She's pulled out of her thoughts, from watching him sleep, by the sound of Braeden's voice, "You're impossible to sleep next to, you know that right?" She mumbles tiredly, not opening her eyes.

Rolling her eyes the Witch scoffs, "In my defense I fell asleep in my bed alone and expected Derek to be here." She argues unbothered while reaching for her phone on the bedside table where she finds dozens of texts from Stiles about him finding out she's pregnant.

The texts range from congratulating her, to being offended that she wasn't the one that told him, to random bits of information that only his ADHD brain can come up with. As Chloe reads through all the messages another one comes through-

Annoying Little Brother (Stiles): I'm outside the Loft. Open the door, Myers.

Staring at her screen for a few moments she looks between the phone, Braeden next to her, and Derek on the couch and she sighs, "Guys, Stiles is here... and he knows." She groans, climbing out of bed and Braeden gets up with her. Derek barely has a chance to open his eyes, only tiredly reaching for her hand over his head as she walks past the couch.

With the sound of the door sliding open Derek finally sits up just as Stiles slowly walks inside, looking between the couple and ignoring the Mercenary he quietly asks, "Were you gonna tell me?"

"We weren't going to tell anybody." Derek answers honestly, still trying to wake up, watching as Chloe sits on the couch next to him, leaving Braeden to sit on the table across from them.

Stiles moves closer to Chloe, leaning on the armrest next to her, "We didn't want anyone to know..." She agrees. "...But it's clearly too late for that..."

The teenager clears his throat nervously, staring at the floor until Chloe gently smacks his hand in an attempt to urge him to talk, "Chris and I found out through Kate..." He mutters, "She came to the hospital when we tried to take a shot at the Benefactor."

Because he was still nervously focused on the floor, Stiles didn't notice the worry in Derek's, Chloe's, and Braeden's eyes as the three of them have a silent conversation. "Who told Kate?" The Mercenary asks, trying to keep her threatening tone under wraps.

There's a few tense moments before Derek answers, "...Peter."

"She also said that you're the one the Benefactor wants the most." Stiles admits, looking up at the Witch.

Not missing a beat, Braeden stands up, grabbing a few of her things and walking to the door. "Where are you going?" Derek asks her confused.

Braeden stops in the doorway and looks over her shoulder, "To get answers, consider it a baby gift." Before disappearing around the corner.

Sharing a look with Chloe, Derek smirks proudly which only disappears when she smacks him, "I saw her first... fuck off!" She chuckles.

"I didn't say anything!" He tries to defend himself while laughing.

Rolling her eyes she calls him out, "Yeah, but you were thinking it!"

That night in an abandoned parking lot of Beacon Hills, gasoline is slashed over the entire outside of a sheriff's department cruiser and through the open window where it splashes onto Deputy Jordan Parrish; who wakes up only to find himself ziptied to the steering wheel.