Chapter 8: Weaponized- 4x7

A frantic call to the CDC has everyone paranoid, especially since it was designed to target werewolves. Scott, Malia and Kira lock themselves in the Hale vault, unaware of their salvation within their grasp. All while Chloe and Derek face their own struggles, where secrets are spilled and plans are ruined.

Third Person POV

Somewhere isolated in Beacon Hills, a man in a white lab coat walks through his large and well stocked laboratory, past a large circle of Mountain Ash on the floor that's around an old looking hospital bed with a curtain hanging completely around it. Sitting down at his desk he starts taking notes as the person in the hospital behind him starts snarling aggressively but weakly. There's a Werewolf in the hospital bed, slowly dying as their eyes, ears, nose, and mouth drip black blood. The scientist looks back for a moment but is otherwise unfazed as the Werewolf in the hospital bed dies and he drinks some tea before playing a message on a tape deck that is seemingly from the Benefactor, "After entering the IP address, you will be connected through a Darknet portal to an untraceable bank. Once logged in, enter your account number to receive wire transfers. The IP address will deactivate with each transfer..."

Scott and Stiles, still sitting on the floor in his room after counting the money, the stacks of it sitting between them, listening to the tape, "You will be assigned a new IP address if you choose to continue down the list. Remember— visual confirmation is always required for payment."

Stopping the tape Stiles asks his best friend, "You ever made a wire transfer?"

Amused by the question Scott shrugs, pointing out, "Never had enough money."

Nodding Stiles agrees, "...So, you didn't understand a word of that, either?"

Looking between the tape and the stacks of money Scott admits, "I don't understand any of this. Why would someone use all this money just to kill us?" He asks.

Stiles responds, not really answering the question, "Someone wants you dead, dude— badly. You and Chlo." A realization hits Scott and he starts quickly putting the stacks of money back in the bag, "Whoa, whoa— what are you doing?" Stiles asks quickly.

Scott reminds him, "It's late. We've got the PSATs in the morning."

Shaking his head Stiles says, "No, I meant the money." He clarifies, "Five-hundred thousand dollars, Scott... You know how much money that is?" Asking as though his train of thought should be obvious.

"It's five-hundred thousand—" The Alpha answers, a bit confused.

Quick to cut his best friend off obnoxiously, "It's half a million dollars, Scott. What are you gonna do, just slide it under your mattress?"

Stopping Scott says, "I have to talk to Derek. The money's his..."

"You mean his and Peter's..." Stiles corrects painfully.

As usual Scott isn't following, "What does that mean?" He asks confused.

"I means, maybe we should proceed with caution..." Stiles answers apprehensively.

Not realizing that Stiles is only taking about being careful with Peter Scott asks, "You don't think we should tell Derek?"

"No. No." Stiles answers, getting frustrated as he gets off the floor like he's going to walk away, "No, of course we have to tell him. I'm just... I'm just saying, some of that money's Peter's, right?" He asks, turning back around.