Chapter 5: The Benefactor- 4x4

A/N: This chapter was a bit rushed in posting- generally I read it over and do grammar/spelling edits the day I post, but with how busy I've been this week I didn't get much of a chance to.

A big secret is revealed between Chloe and Derek with a dangerous twist while the pack must not only convince Liam that he is a werewolf, but must do it before the full moon that night. Lydia also finds out about the deadpool.

Third Person POV

~Previously~

Scott slowly starts to realize what he's just done to Liam, only snapping out of it when he hears Chloe's voice, "Get him outta here! I'll deal with things here. Go!" Her hands shaking as she pulls out her phone.

~Now~

Giving Scott a few minutes to get Liam out of the building before making the call, she sits against the concrete base of one of the skylights her phone in one hand and the edge of the now torn sweatshirt in her other. As she looks through the massive hole at her stomach it only makes her cry harder remembering what could've happened and she instinctively pulls her knees to her chest, resting her chin on them as her arms wrap around her legs. Taking in a quick and shaky breath she calls Noah while texting Derek, getting them to the roof and reporting the crime.

And within fifteen minutes the rooftop is swarmed with deputies and a helicopter is in the air, lighting up the scene and the ground below while photographs are being taken, and she hasn't moved, only staring at her boots. The light isn't helping the tears burning her eyes, everything is a blur and the voices talking around her are only an intense echo while her mind falling deep in an emotional daze making it feel like time is moving and the world is spinning slower; it doesn't stop spinning until she feels a hand on her shoulder.

"Chloe...?" Derek asks, his voice and his urgent tone echoing in her ears, "Baby, you okay?" He asks, trying to get her attention. Noah glances between the couple and the deputies around them making sure no one tries to force them to leave. Chloe's head slowly turns to look at her boyfriend, but she can't focus on his face. "Sweetheart, focus on me. I'm here." He gently urges, moving his hands to hold her face, "What happened, Chlo?"

"I ran away." She mumbles, "I could've saved him and I just ran away." Her voice still shaking.

Derek's not sure what to say to her, just pressing a kiss to her forehead as he glances over at Noah, silently asking him something. Understanding Noah moves over to Deputy Jordan Parrish, "Hey, let's get everyone off the roof... And see if you can stall the M.E. for five minutes. I've got an expert of my own coming to take a look."

Jordan is confused, asking, "You have an expert on teenage cannibals?"

Groaning Noah repeats pleadingly, "Five minutes, Parrish."

Jordan isn't happy about it but he rounds everyone up, "Hey!" And waves them off the roof, following the back inside.

As soon as everyone is off the roof leaving just Noah, Chloe, and Derek alone. Using that as his queue Derek pulls his track jacket, covering her with it to help hide the tear in her sweatshirt before kissing the side of her head and walking over to Sean's bloody body as Noah explains, "Uh, I guess you've been here long enough to hear we need to be quick about this. Scott said he called himself a 'Wendigo'?"

Derek answers, "Cannibalistic shapeshifters. But, I haven't heard of them in Beacon Hills for a long time. Must have been well-hidden." Picking up another scent he looks around to see if he can find the source or any sighs before looking back over at Chloe he gently asks, "Babe, how many people did you say were up here?"