Chapter 7: Orphaned- 4x6

With Violet's arrest, Garrett forces Scott to help get her back by using Liam as a bargaining chip. Stiles, Lydia and Jordan seek Meredith's help to uncover the third key. While Derek and Chloe desperately try to track down a family friend.

Third Person POV

~Flashback- Abandoned Lot, December 22, 2011~

It's the middle of a massive rainstorm Kate wakes up in the back of a Chevy Camaro to the sound of static coming from the radio, too lazy to reach it from the backseat she uses her shotgun to turn the radio off which ejects a tape from the deck. Seeing it she's a bit caught off guard and checks out the windows for any sign of who could have left it for her but when she doesn't find anything she grabs it, turning it over and finding only two words: 'Play Me'.

Deciding to listen she puts the tape back in and it starts mid-sentence, "...eventually settling in a small town in Northern California, this family used their wealth to rebuild the community around them while remaining isolated from it. This was sometimes more a choice than a necessity, as not all of their children would become Werewolves. The ones that did, these born wolves, had to be trained. They needed to learn control. They had a practice for the training of Betas... The tradition, passed down through generations, involved the use of a sacred object called a Triskelion. Without control, violence— extreme violence— is inevitable."

~End of Flashback~

Being on the list means Kate's a target, wanted by more than just Chris and the Calaveras or Braeden, Derek, Chloe, and Peter, she had a price on her head. The only issue is, no one is cashing out and she's leaving behind massacres. Walking through her latest, assassins spread across the pavement on an abandoned lot, cars on fire with glass, guns and shell casings scattered around, she can't help but mock their failed attempts. "Big fancy guns... Coded death lists... So-called assassins..." Kicking over one of the many dead body, completely unbothered, "And not one of you can answer the simplest question!" She makes her way to one of the only living assassins, who's being held in the air by one of Kate's Berserkers who had obviously helped protect her from the money hungry killers that came after her, "Who's paying the bills? So, I'll ask again... Who is the Benefactor?"

The assassin stammers fearfully, "I swear to God, I've never seen him. Never spoken to him—"

Unamused Kate continues to mock him, "I know... See, everybody says the same thing— they don't know who he is, where he is... 'It's all done electronically!' 'I can't help you!' 'Please, I'm bleeding to death! Please, stop, it hurts!'."

"Then what do you want with me?" The Assassin groans in pain, looking around a bit. The one Berserker holding him on one side, one standing behind him, and the third walking up behind Kate.

With a small smirk Kate pulls the tape out of her pocket, holding it up, "It's been a long time since someone's made me a mixtape. You got one too, didn't you?" She asks.

"No... No..." He answers frantically trying to get more words out, "But, I... But I know who did. They look like kids— like teenagers. They're called the Orphans."

At that moment Kate suddenly gets shot and turns around to see one assassin still alive, the Berserker standing closest to her turns but freezes when she growls. The assassin struggles to reload as she quickly gets over to him with her shotgun in hand but before she can raise it to his head she nearly collapses in pain as she struggles to control her shift which causes her to attack to assassin, tearing him to shreds. Once she's done she turns around, still lost in her animal instincts, and goes after the guy the Berserker was hold; tearing him apart so violently that blood splatters everywhere.