Chapter 9: Time of Death- 4x8

Without his Werewolf power, new ways reveal themselves to help and protect Derek. While with Noshiko's help, the team come up with a plan hoping to reveal the benefactor's identity, but Kate's arrival threatens to ruin it all. Malia comes face-to-face with Peter in the Hale vault, thus delving into her past.

Third Person POV

Leaving the vault Stiles goes home and lays in his dark room, continuously tossing and turning in bed as he struggles to get comfortable and fall asleep. And that's when one of the memories of his nights with Malia play through his mind.

~Flashback- Stilinski House, Several Weeks Earlier~

It's late, the middle of the night as he rolls over, seeing Malia trying to sleep next to him. And he can't get comfortable. She sighs a bit frustrated while opening her eyes, "What?" She groans.

"I always sleep in the middle of the bed..." He reminds her quietly.

"Not anymore." She replies closing her eyes again, unbothered.

Sighing he says, "I know, I'm trying..." While she cuddles closer to him, laying her head on his chest. After a few moments he sits up, pulling his arm out from under her head and complains, "Yeah, I can't get to sleep unless I'm in the middle..."

So she rolls over and decides, "Then we spoon."

"I can spoon!" He lays back down excitedly, "Okay. I can spoon." Wrapping his arms around her. But after another few moments he's uncomfortable and sighs in defeat.

She groans, "What now?"

"My arm's falling asleep." He whispers, trying to shake his arm out while rolling over away from her and now they're laying apart, "I don't like this..." He admits quietly.

That annoys her even more, "I'm going to kill you." She threatens.

"I know, I know, I'm sorry..." He apologizes quickly.

The apology attempts makes her smile slightly and she rolls over to see him smiling at her, "Okay, just come here—" Gently pushing him to roll over to his other side and wraps her arms around him from behind.

It takes a few moments for him to process that she's holding in but eventually gives in and relaxes, "I think this is good. Yeah, this is good..." He quickly falls asleep.

~End of Flashback~

Coming out if the memory Stiles is laying in the same position before realizing it was just a memory and his minds way of trying to calm the stress he's feeling. But as the reality sinks in, so do the emotions, and he sits up where he finds himself alone in an empty bed.

That same night Rafael is at the Sheriff Station, while at his desk he packs his gun in a plastic bag with the bullets separated before recording his report about the incident with The Chemist at the High School on his phone, "Preliminary notes on firearm discharge incident... Assailant armed with sound-suppressor-equipped Walther P88... Having heard the perpetrator's threat and countdown, I made visual confirmation of the barrel of the weapon pressed to the potential victim's head... Determining danger to be imminent, I felt no other choice but to respond with the use of deadly force." Ending the recording he walks out of the office with his bagged gun to see Scott, who had overheard him recording his report waiting. "Thanks for waiting. I know it's late." He says, closing the door.

"It's okay. It's not like I'm going to be going to school tomorrow anyway..." Scott reminds him, unbothered.

And Rafael informs him, "Unfortunately, I'm going to have to drive back to San Francisco tonight. I'll need to do a review at the field office. But, I'll be back as soon as I can." Glancing down at his watch, "I might have to miss the first game of the season..."