Chapter Dos

Rosita was awoken by the sunrise as the maids came in and helped get ready for the day. She headed to the gardens to see Lady Danbury with an array of food. "Good morning, Lady Danbury. A beautiful Sunrise, wasn't it?" Lady Danbury nodded. "I'm surprised to see you up your Majesty." Rosita sat down as the servants around her made her a cup of tea. "I'm usually the first one up in my kingdom Lady Danbury." Lady Danbury nodded as the ladies were enjoying the scenery in front of them and drinking their tea. Not a moment later Santiago comes over. "Hermana, ¿dormiste bien?" (Sister, did you sleep well.) Rosita looked at her brother and gave him a nod. "Lady Danbury, did you sleep well?" Lady Danbury smiled at Santiago and said, "Yes, I did. Your majesty." "Alright. Tonight is the first ball of the season. Everyone including the queen is going to be here. I want to make sure you two look prim and proper. Santiago, are you looking for a bride this season?" Lady Danbury asked. Santiago looks at Lady Danbury. "If I find the girl that I love. Then yes." Lady Danbury nodded.

Rosita was in her room getting ready for the ball that Lady Danbury had planned. The maids were helping her get ready for the ball. One of the maids were doing her hair, the other was doing her makeup, and the other was getting her dress ready. She stood up as the maids helped her with getting her dress on. Suddenly there was a knock on the door. "Enter!" The door opened to show Santiago with a smile on his face. "Hermana. Te ves tan hermosa como mamá. Ella estará muy orgullosa de ti." (Sister. You look just as beautiful as mama. She'll be very proud of you.) Rosita looked at her brother and the outfit he was wearing. "Te pareces a tu padre. Apuesto a que una doncella se moriría por tenerte como esposo. (You look just like father. I bet one maiden would be dying to have you as their husband.) The two of them giggled like children. Then another knock approached. "Enter!" Lady Danbury walked in and said, "It's time your majesties." The sibling duo as Santiago raised his arm and Rosita took it.

"Please welcome our guests for the season. Princess Rosita and Prince Santiago of Spain." Rosita and Santiago walked down the stairs with all the Bachelors and Maiden's watching them as they went. Rosita looked around to see Eloise and Daphne standing side by side. She pointed them out to her brother which he nodded and they walked over to them. "Daphne! Eloise! I am surprised to see you here. Eloise, I didn't know you were coming this season." Eloise gave a mocking smile. "Didn't want to be. Mother was quite persistent with me finding a match." Rosita giggled. "Sister!" All three of them turned to see Santiago and another gentleman walking over. "Daphne this is the gentleman I was telling you about. Prince Santiago." Daphne curtsied. "Anthony, this is my sister Rosita." The two eyes meet each other. Anthony saw her and felt something he had never felt before. "Your majesty" Anthony took Rosita's hand, giving it a small kiss. Rosita felt flustered being close to a gentleman as kind as him.

 Rosita felt flustered being close to a gentleman as kind as him

(556)