Chapter Quatro

A few days later Santiago, Lady Danbury, and Rosita were promenading in the gardens. Enjoying the warmth of the sun. "Hermoso día, ¿no es así, querido Hermano?" (Beautiful day is it not dear brother?) Santiago looked at his sister and said, "Sí. Tengo algo que decirte, querida Hermana." (Yes. I have something to tell you, dear sister) Rosita looked at her brother. "La chica Eloise. La Hermana de Daphne y Anthony. La encuentro intrigante y deseo conocerla mejor. Anthony también quiere conocerte mejor. ¿Cómo te gustaría hacer un picnic con ellos mañana?" (The girl Eloise. The sister of Daphne and Anthony. I find her intriguing and wish to get to know her better. Anthony is also wanting to get to know you better. How would you like to have a picnic with them tomorrow?) Rosita thought for a moment then said, "Muy bien Hermano. Primero debemos hablar con Lady Danbury y pedirle que nos acompañe." (Very well brother. First, we must talk to Lady Danbury and ask her to be an escort for us.)

Lunchtime arrived as the siblings sat at the table with Lady Danbury. Rosita was enjoying her tea as Santiago spoke. "Lady Danbury, Anthony had invited me and Rosita tomorrow for a picnic down in the gardens. I was hoping you would be an escort for us. Rosita would be with Anthony, and I would be with Eloise." The name Eloise perked Lady Danbury's interest as she looked over at Santiago. "Eloise Bridgerton, you say?" Santiago nodded. "May I ask, why Eloise Bridgerton?" Santiago looked at Lady Danbury and said, "She intrigues me, Lady Danbury. The way she looks differently at the world and as what you call the Ton. She is very outspoken, and I see her as a good queen. If Rosita chooses a different path." Lady Danbury looks at Santiago giving a slight nod then looks at Rosita. "Do you see Lord Anthony as a possible suitor?"

Rosita had a little blush on her face as Santiago looked at her. "Rosita?" Rosita took a breath and said, "Anthony is very attractive. He would be a possible suitor. I just want to see if he finds me as a suitable match." Lady Danbury nodded. After lunch Rosita walked to the music room to find a piano. She walked over, sat on the seat, and started playing her song. After passionately playing she heard applause and she turned to see Lady Danbury, Santiago, and the queen. She curtsied as a respect to the queen. "My decision has been more than good. You truly are the Diamond of the season." The Queen said. Rosita smiled at the Queen. "I heard that you possibly see Anthony as a suitor?" Rosita nodded. Queen Charlotte said, "That might be the best season match. He is looking for a Viscountess." Rosita smiled.

(471)