~Chapter 22~

~Mehendi & Sangeeth~

Isha's POV

I went into the garden and saw that Meera and Akarsh, along with their moms, my mom, and some other older ladies, were already getting her Mehendi done. I went over to Meera and Akarsh and looked at her Mehendi. It was beautiful and extended all the way to her sleeve.

"You look like a Butta Bomma, Meera," I said. Then, with a mischievous smirk, I added, "But you're not just any Butta Bomma; you're Akarsh's Butta Bomma." Both of them started blushing.

In a teasing tone, I continued, "Hey hey, what do we have here?" Just as I was about to finish my sentence, Rishi placed his arm on my shoulder and said, "The entire rose garden, of course."

I looked at him and said in a mock-serious tone, "Dude! You're stealing my lines, huh? Don't do it again!"

Rishi steered me away from the group and asked, "When will you get your Mehendi done, madam?" I was walking and looking around, so I replied, "I will."

He looked at me and said in Telugu, "'Will' ante saripodhu, akkadiki velli chepiyinchukovali." (Just saying 'will' isn't enough; you need to go and get it done.) I turned to him and said, " as if I don't know."

He then pulled me towards a Mehendi artist and made me sit down. The lady asked me to select a design from her book, but being me, I had already downloaded some designs from Pinterest on my phone. I opened my phone and was searching through my saved designs when I noticed Rishi in the background (I have supervision, guys 😏😏. I can see things happening all around me) whispering something in the lady's ear before he walked away.

I looked at the artist with a questioning expression, and she simply said, "He asked me to make it beautiful." Then I showed the lady the designs I liked and she started her work.

time skip ⌛

It had been an hour since the artist finished the Mehendi on my hands. I looked at my hands; the Mehendi was truly beautiful. The only thing that irritated me was that I couldn't get up, as I might ruin the Mehendi by scraping it against something. I couldn't even hold my phone to watch something since my hands were covered.

I looked around to see what the other ladies were doing. As always, they gossiped and gave Meera tips on how to lead a happy life. That was far from what I wanted to do, so I just swayed my shoulders and started to hum and sing softly along with the song playing in the background. It was "Arere Yekkada" from the movie Nenu Local. I'm a sucker for songs. I began singing, "Arere yekkada, yekkada yekkada naa pranam."

Just then, I heard a voice beside me and saw that it was Rishi. He started singing too, "Ee prasnaku nuvvele samaadhanam." We sang this song and a few others together, enjoying the moment.  

Man, I was hungry. As we sang the last song, my stomach rumbled a little. Rishi looked at me and asked, "Did you hear anything?" I shook my head and silently thanked God for not making it obvious to him. Another rumble left my stomach. You know what? I take back my thanks. He looked at me again and asked, "Are you hungry, Ishuu?" I sighed, unable to hide it anymore.

He then went up to the stage, took the mic, and said, "Hey men. How long are you gonna keep your ladies hungry, huh? So let's be a little romantic, caring, and considerate and feed them, shall we?" He asked the waiters to serve the food on plates and distribute them to the men. I smiled at his idea and was staring at him when he looked back and threw me a wink. I quickly regained my composure and looked elsewhere.

I saw that Akarsh was feeding Meera, my dad was feeding my mom, Gautam uncle was feeding Anandi aunty, and other men were feeding their wives. I wanted to call Yuvraj to help me eat my food, but my little devil brother was helping Rishi's grandma because he liked her more. I just realized Yuvraj likes everyone more than me. Hmphhh. 🙄🙄