Reunite

Author's P.O.V

The next match is India vs England in which Shubman invited Y/N but she didn't confirmed whether she would come to see his match or not.

[2 days before match]

Shub: "Cmon Ishan we have to pick mom, dad and Shahneel from airport."

Ishan: "Yaa coming, wait where did you use the other 2 passes?"

Shub: "Uhh I gave them to some friends but I guess they won't come."

Shubman was a little upset that Y/N won't be coming but he shrugged it off as he understood that Y/N was busy and they were not that close that she would waste her leave on him. He should also not care much but still felt hurt as he badly wanted Y/N to come but silly him thought it just some random feelings again.

Ishan: "Ok come, let's go. I am ready."

[At airport]

Shub: "Their flight will land in 15 minutes till then let's check what Y/N is doing. She must have updated on Insta as it's her leave."

Shubman checks her account but she didn't post anything so he texts her

Shub[text]: "Hii, how are you?"

He didn't get any reply for 15 minutes.

Ishan: "Look uncle aunty are here."

Shub raised his head and saw his parents and Shahneel but got shocked at what he saw next and froze on his spot.

Ishan: "Dumbo where are you lost. They won't recognize us in these bucket hats, mask and goggles."

Shub was still processing but woke up from his shock when his parents came in front of him. His mom hugged him but he was still looking at Y/N and couldn't take his eyes of her.

Shub's mom: "How are you Shub? Congrats my son for your victory."

Shub: "Uhh thanks mom."

Shub's dad: "Good job Shubman, I am proud of you."

Shub: "Thanks dad but how did you recognize me?"

Shub's sis: "Dumbo Ishan called us and waved his hand. Thanks for inviting Y/N and her friend too."

Y/N: "Hii Shubman."

Shub: "Hh..ii Y/N, you here? You didn't inform me, I mean I thought you forgot....I mean I thought you won't..." (Stuttering)

Ishan cut him off, for which shubman glare at him while Shahneel was laughing her heart out while her parents were confused.

Ishan: "Uhh Miss, I know Dr. Y/N and you are?

Y/N: "She is my best friend Isha."

Isha: "Hii, nice to meet you Ishan and Shubman. I am a big fan of you both."

Ishan: "Wow your voice is soo pretty just like honey."

Y/N: "Ishan please are we gonna go or you wanna stand here till your next match?"

Ishan: "Ohh yaa let's go, come Isha and Shub let's go."

Poor Shub was still staring Y/N and words were not coming out his mouth as he was hella shocked seeing Y/N. He got his compose back when Ishan pinched him hard on butt.

Shub: "Ahhh is Ishaaan...."

Y/N: "Shub are you okay?"

Shub: "Uhh yaa but you didn't tell me you were coming?"