Chapter 7

She waited for the answer, she knew this vampire couldn't hold a candle to her in the light of the day. Yet, she can't fathom why this monster followed her. She decreased the pressure she put on her hold and the he finally rasped out barely audible words.

"I'm not here to h-harm you, you damn human! "

She blinked her eyes feeling irritated of the bright light falling on one side of her face. She weighed her options with this weird vampire who says he's not going to harm her. What are the chances? They don't have the reputation to back it off.

But what's interesting is the fact that he is roaming so freely in the streets. The other supernaturals have long been suppressed by werewolves like no tomorrow. How can this creature roam free about when there's death threat on his head?

She removed her hand when the blue veins started appearing on the skin that is exposed to sunlight. But she moved far away after releasing, her knife was still clenched tightly in her hands warily.

Even if the said vampire is choking with violent coughs right now.

"Damn!-

That's a strong fucking grip"

He should be up on his legs trying to   attack her again, given supernaturals think highly of the hierarchies and they don't react too well to challenge and defeat. But the crazed and excited glint in his eyes contradicted the peaceful white colour of his eyes.

She backed away considerably. She didn't want anything to do with this maniac. She waited patiently to see him either walk away or charge at her. But the vampire didn't move away an inch. She didn't want to turn her back to anyone.

Coupled with the sun's wrath and this disobedient vampire, her scalp hurt with tension. She was just about to lose her mind when he finally moved an inch closer to her. That's all it took for her to snap.

With a bursting rage in her veins, she aimed for his head. But the impact that was supposed to be on his head was on the wall instead. He moved just in time as she expected. The vampire's eyes slowly followed the cracks in the hard wall, tracing every line with an intense gaze.

Her fingers itched to aim for him again. But at this moment when she was distracted, there was an eery whispering voice.

"Have you ever noticed the strength in you? "

His pale face suited the look of perfect balance of sultry and enchanting displaying one's charm perfectly. Although his eyes focused on her hand glued on the wall, they seem to lose focus as if thinking of something. But his shallow voice told a different story.

His voice held an addicting tone, like a siren calling for another sailor on the seas. Perhaps he couldn't see her narrowed eyes, but he still decided to continue.

"Are you one of them? Or are you entirely different? "

"Don't test my patience. Scram! " her hand was retracted a long while ago. Only if her disapproving tone could make this little follower go away. Maybe she exposed him to too much sunlight, he has gone crazy and started speaking nonsense.

She felt like if she was in his presence a little longer, she would also go crazy. She turned her back resentfully, walking her way out of this weird situation.

"why are you suppressing yourself? Don't you want to find out who you are? "

The voice still followed relentlessly but this time she controlled her violent urge.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

She didn't want to harm someone that didn't lay a hand upon her. So, despite her temper she decided to stay put. However, only gentle laughter responded to her.

"You know, your disguise is strong. Strong enough to fool humans with your gender neutral features. I'm impressed. "

There was no point in feeling surprised because supernaturals can indeed sense the state of a person's biological changes. She didn't expect to  hide anything from them. She only needed temporary protection for the environment she lived.

She didn't have any fancy magic in hand which could aid her in covering it permanently. So, it was better than nothing. She didn't feel bothered about being found out. If this vampire decided to play dirty, the sun was his weak point and she was not a fair player either.

She was too unbothered to reply, so she stayed silent. She never felt so relieved that she was finally making it out of the alleyway and onto the main street. The footsteps behind her seemed to stop too, but it was just her illusion.

"When was the last time you almost lost control? "

This time, the vampire was successful in getting her attention. Her heart constricted painfully when she remembered her outbursts and the nightmares that seemed to be too real to be just dreams. She's yet to deal with things that mess with her head.

These simple words caused her resilience to crumble and lead to a conjecture where she sat in the same café where she was previously spied on by the respective creature before her. Some things happen in life which are beyond the scope of normal understanding.